Thread: Hi Guys

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends

Hi Guys

Hi everyone managed to join today. I'm signed up as a member of the UBC and I'm looking forward to talking and meeting with you all as time goes on.

I've got 3 pistols at the moment, all Umarex, an S & W 586 Black 6", a Colt 1911 Black and a Beretta PX4 Storm. More are sure to follow I've always been interested in guns ever since I was a kid and shot my first .22 rifle in the shooting gallery under Brighton Pier. That was a long time ago and it's taken 40 odd years to catch up again. Since then I've tried 1/10 off road electric buggies, 1/12th carpet racers. Golf came next played for 8yrs, best handicap was 18. Gave that up in January, too bitchy if you know what I mean, tried archery with a recurve bow set up but gave that up as you can't practice in your back garden, tempting as it is! Then I read an article in an airgun magazine about the S & W 586, that was it I was hooked. I mean who doesn't want to be Dirty Harry Callaghan? My wife has still got all her golf & archery kit and still wants to continue with these, but she has no interest in air guns at all.

Anyway, enough about me, I'm sure I can bore you all later.

TTFN

This just been approved, so I hope you don't mind if I bump this up.

Regards

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Welcome, Paul! And please check out our UBC shoots. You're going to especially love Police Pistol!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks Jim, I cant wait for the Police Shoots Need to practice though!!

Regards

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Don't know where everyone else is, you'd normally get a warmer welcome than this, good job Jim was on the ball, so anyway welcome to the forum and its good to see you've joined the UBC too, now join in the fun
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Thanks Jef, I appreciate the welcome

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

christ you must have good reactions in 1/12th scale !!!!!! I used to do 1/10th scale off road and 1/8 on road . good fun for a while
    HW77K -
    HW100 KT .177 with Bushnell Elite 4-12 x 40

You did need quick reactions for 1/12 racing but there were several advantages. The tyres were made from foam that was then coated with oil of wintergreen. This combined with the carpet we raced on meant that the cars were stuck like glue to the track. Once you had the balance of the car right and you trusted yourself, the speeds at which you could corner were phenomenal! You could stop on a sixpence as well. I used to run mine with a Noval FET speed controller with no reverse, just to make things interesting, I loved it. Used to race every Wednesday night at a local sports hall in Bromley, this was when we lived in Kent. It was run by the same Off Road club I belonged to - Eden Park Overlanders - but then we had to stop because the hall was being rented out and we were getting it for free. Happy Days they were.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55