Thread: bushnell scopes

bushnell scopes

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if bushnell scopes are any good, I've just been looking at a bushnell 6-18 x 50 for 200 quid, I just wondered if they are worth the money, cheers guys Art

scopes

Hi mate I think they are great scopes mate, never had a bad one yet cheers ian

which one is it? second hand or new?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Bushnell scopes are great and certainly worth every penny.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Hi. I have a bushnell Ultra legend hd 4-14x44 scope, it's very good scope very clear lens more clear the my hawke side winder tac and mtc's, mine was around £300 and it's definitely worth every time.

Quote Originally Posted by artrob View Post
    Hi guys, can anyone tell me if bushnell scopes are any good, I've just been looking at a bushnell 6-18 x 50 for 200 quid, I just wondered if they are worth the money, cheers guys Art
    sportsman gun centre - legend 4.5-14x40 for 200 quid - better buy for the money (200)

Cheers guys for your answers, I,'ll definitely buy one now, thanks again Art

Another vote for bushnell scopes,if the one you are looking at is the Banner 6-18x50 they can be bought a lot cheaper than £200,the Legends are a great scope and the Elites are even better albeit a lot more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    sportsman gun centre - legend 4.5-14x40 for 200 quid - better buy for the money (200)
    brought mine about 2 years ago when it came out. now for 200 that's a great price for great scope.

bushnell

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsman View Post
    Another vote for bushnell scopes,if the one you are looking at is the Banner 6-18x50 they can be bought a lot cheaper than £200,the Legends are a great scope and the Elites are even better albeit a lot more expensive.
    Thats the one the bushnell banner 6-18x50, where can I get one cheaper than 200 quid mate, I'd appreciate any info.Art

I have a Bushnell 6500 Elite 2.5-16 * 50mm on my .17 HMR, previously on my Airwolf. Damn fine scope: crisp, clear, sharp and is beautifully made. Well worth the money.
    Hawke Tac 30 4.5-14 * 42mm ~ Harris 9-13" Swivel non notched bipod ~ Hawke LRF 600 - Tracer 400 Tactical ~ Nitesite Viper ~ Daystate Airwolf .177 ~ Sportsmatch mounts ~ Hugget Shroud + Belita Moderator ~ Aim Drag Bag

The Banner range isn't a patch on the Trophy or Legend ranges.

I don't think the Elite range is a significant step up from the Legend in terms of performance - other might disagree but I've not been impressed enough with an Elite to hold onto one.

You'll get a Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 for around £80

It's fine if you don't do much low light shooting but if you do lot of dawn and dusk shooting or especially in woodlands when the light's dropping on a winter's afternoon, it's well worth having a scope that sucks the light in and gives you a lot more shooting time.

Depends on what your shooting entails really, and your available budget.

The old 5-15x40 Legend is still a favourite of mine even given the marginally thicker cross hair than on certain other scopes.

I also really like my Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 4.5-14x44, and I have three of the little 1.75-5x32 Legend HD scopes and they are superb in all respects. I have one on an HW95, one on an HW99s, and one still in its box, waiting on the right gun to come along...

Bushnell Trophy scopes give almost as good low light performance as the Legends unless you crank the magnification right up - why you'd want to do that in low light is another thing entirely, but it's only fair to mention it...

FYI the 3-9x40 mil dot Bushnell Trophy is noticeably less bright in poor light than the same scope with the Circle-X and Multi-X ret.

I like my Legends (and Trophy scopes )

Good luck finding something suitable

bushnell

The top two ladies in the ukahft national series used the bushnell elite 3200 10x40in the 2013 season

Quote Originally Posted by artrob View Post
    Thats the one the bushnell banner 6-18x50, where can I get one cheaper than 200 quid mate, I'd appreciate any info.Art
    There is one on they do not seem to go for much especialy at this time of year-you should get a mint one for no more than about £70.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Just watch what you are buying, there are Bushnell scopes out there for £40 new - which are obviously not the "genuine article", but I got one as it was not enough money to get upset about, and was surprised just how good it was. I'm not saying buy crap stuff! I'm just saying for the cost they are great value, but I'm sure the originals are way ahead in terms of out and out quality.

James