Thread: Uk Springer @ MAD Rnd 5 RESULTS

Uk Springer @ MAD Rnd 5 RESULTS

The general idea at any comp is to get there with enough time to have a quick plink/zero then something to eat and a cuppa. Unfortunately the guys in the chequered 4x4s decided to close the M25 .
    Still, after a bit of a rush the comp got under way at MAD and what a course again . The wind was doing no one any favours, and due to the shape of the course it could be coming from any direction.
    Congratulations to the trophy winners today , they were well deserved.

.177 SPRINGER

Simon Vant........52...1st...MAD
    Darren Lindsey....52...2nd...MAD
    Colin Matthews...51...3rd...L.V
    Toby Lee...50..L.V
    Ralph Presland....50
    Wayne Marriot....49..MAD
    Neil Beadle.........48..L.V
    Tim Bohr....48..MAD
    Paul Chapman.....48..L.V
    Mike Isaac.........48..L.V
    Phil Russell.........48
    Harry Kaladjyian..46
    Andy Yates........46
    Guy Gillies..44..MAD
    Levi Hawthorn....44
    Darryl Price........43
    Jonathan Saggers.......43
    Simon Parker......42
    Steve Gillies.......41
    Jamie January.....41
    Mick Salmon.......41
    Joe Pearse.........40
    Alan Sultano.......40
    John Andrew.......35
    Dave Forbes........33

.22 SPRINGER

Mark Sherlock....41...1st
    Roger Bentley.....40...2nd
    Mike Carney.......39...3rd
    Anne Russell.......36

JUNIOR SPRINGER

Thomas Price.....44...1st
    Josh Overton.....37...2nd

PCP

Clive Presland...54...1st
    Barry Smith......53...2nd
    Geoff Ryder......49...3rd
    Dave Allam.......48
    Lloyd Dowes.....48
    Colin Sykes......48
    Simon Dixon.....47
    Paul Foyle........47
    Richard Cunningham...46
    Larissa Sykes....46
    Valerie Bartram..38

PCP JUNIOR

Ben Thompsett.........46
    Owen Marriot...18

And in a class of his own :- Ian Bainbridge........54

The top 5 scores from Lee Valley and M.A.D go towards a two round match to be decided at round 6 on 18th OCT @ L.V. Unbelievably both clubs scored 245 today.

Many thanks to MAD for the hospitality today and to all the shooters for coming and making it a great day out.

Andy
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

MAD roun 5

Well done to Simon Vant on his win, sorry could not make today had to work.

Darren.
    M.A.D FOR IT

Another great day at Maldon with some nice wind playing tricks and a tricky course to take no prisoners.
    Well done to Ian for all the hard work you have put in again to make it run so well again especially with not one cease fire.
    Top shooting today from Simon parker ... i mean Vant well done mate (still cant believe you thought i had 59)
    And also Collin who has a bad knee dont you know
    Look forward to the last round of the springer champs at LV so see you all there.
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Thanks

Just like to say thanks to all those people who made today enjoyable. First time i've been to M.A.D. but it was well worth it. Also thanks to Ian for making Joe and myself feel welcome. Cheers again to everyone

All the best

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by nibbley-uk View Post
    Top shooting today from Simon parker ... i mean Vant well done mate (still cant believe you thought i had 59)
    Thanks Darren, and congratulations on your win......whats that? You got beaten in the shoot off....

WELL DONE SIMON VANT.....top shot
    Last edited by Sakerman; 13-09-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    JD 10/05/09
    DD 21/07/22

Quote Originally Posted by Sakerman View Post
    Thanks Darren, and congratulations on your win......whats that? You got beaten in the shoot off....

WELL DONE SIMON VANT.....top shot
    Yep again... i think i need more practice as im just rubbish
    Maldon and district arc the fastest growing club in the South http://www.madarc.co.uk/

M.A.D For It

Cracking days shooting and excellent company once again.
    More than a couple of if only's (including the 2 my lad got that I didn't).

Not wanting to wish my time away, but,looking forward to the last round at LV.

Wayne
    If you know how many guns you’ve got, you haven’t got enough.
    YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club Member

Would like to say thanks to everyone for delaying the start for 20 minutes so me and Andy could make it. Can't believe it took 2.5 hours to get there this morning after being stuck on the M25 car park!! I've driven to Quarry quicker.

Thanks to Ian and the team for the tough course and no stoppages at all, felt knackered at the end .

Also well done to the trophy winners today and Simon Parker , sorry Vant, for winning the shoot off.

Looking forward for the final showdown at LV next month, it's getting cosy up at the top.
    ColinM

Quote Originally Posted by nibbley-uk View Post
    Yep again... i think i need more practice as im just rubbish

I reckon you get plenty of practice with shoot off's mate...
    ColinM

Many thanks to the team at MAD for a cracking course, just a little bit on the tricky side!

My first time to MAD, an excellent venue.

Regards NeilB
    HW100 mkII .177 Venom cylinder, Bushnell 4200Daystate MW 4 Bushnell 4200
    ProSport.177 (Vmach) Falcon MenacePro Elite .177 (Vmach), Whitetail classic

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014

Round 5

Thanks to all the M.A.D guys for an excellent course today,
    Well done to all the winners today in windy & tricky conditions,
    Well enjoyed it as it was my first time at M.A.D and im sure it will be just as good on the last round at Lee Valley,
    Oh and nearly forgott they do a smashing bacon roll and a great cup of tea too,
    Thanks again guys.
    Kind Regards,
    Harry K

Glad you all enjoyed

Please dont keep on about the mistake at the presentation when I introduced the winner of the shoot-off as Mr Simon Parker never in my wildest dreams did I think it was Mr Simon Vant [now now only joking Simon] .
    Now about my 54 the real story.
    I went up the club Saturday afternoon to pull the strings out and paint the 20 shot practice course ready for Sunday morning .
    Had a plink while waiting for 2 new members to join up and I moved the scope as it was shooting low .
    Started shooting without checking anything out Sunday morning [did;nt have time ]and the first target I shot the pellet went 2 ins high on a 40yds target asked if I could shoot it again and put pellet on pellet 2ins high,so I moved the scope back a full 2 on the hight turrets and carried on the shoot ,hence the 54 that I scored after the first shot could not count.you live and learn
    Just leave the bloody thing alone .
    cheers Ian
    [Ian Bainbridge]

Quote Originally Posted by popsheep View Post
    Please dont keep on about the mistake at the presentation when I introduced the winner of the shoot-off as Mr Simon Parker never in my wildest dreams did I think it was Mr Simon Vant [now now only joking Simon] .
    Now about my 54 the real story.
    I went up the club Saturday afternoon to pull the strings out and paint the 20 shot practice course ready for Sunday morning .
    Had a plink while waiting for 2 new members to join up and I moved the scope as it was shooting low .
    Started shooting without checking anything out Sunday morning [did;nt have time ]and the first target I shot the pellet went 2 ins high on a 40yds target asked if I could shoot it again and put pellet on pellet 2ins high,so I moved the scope back a full 2 on the hight turrets and carried on the shoot ,hence the 54 that I scored after the first shot could not count.you live and learn
    Just leave the bloody thing alone .
    cheers Ian
    Yeah so you were shooting like normal then

prick

Kidding aside thanks to Ian and the MAD crew for another good day out. All I can say is that it was a quality course that made you really think from start to finish. It was definitely a National standard course, not just "chucked out and hope it works"

Among us .22 lot, it certainly was reducing grown men (and women) to blubbering wrecks by the end, every peg I was praying for a "gimmee" but none came

When I heard other people's scores at the end, I was bloody grateful that I didn't pick up a 0, as plenty did