Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N.E.F.T.A hunter at ponty today well done

Quote Originally Posted by luddite View Post
    Yup. Didn't hit the bank once Pete.

I heard he had shot prone, but even I didnt believe it!

I will not comment
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by steve prime View Post
    Only managed 3 of the series but they were all awesome.Todays was probably the most taxing and yet extremely enjoyable.I have met and shot with some great guys. Thanks to all. Its just a shame some individual efforts are not rewarded in each category which would have been the icing on the cake for their brilliant efforts.
    Well done to all and thanks for making us visitors so welcome,keep up the Northern Spirit,
    Cheers Steve P.
    Hi Steve,

Trophies/Prizes for next years NEFTA Hunter final placings are already on the agendy for the NEFTA AGM.
    Last edited by S Hebby; 15-09-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Correct me if I am wrong Steve but wasn't the NEFFA Hunter supposed to be about having fun, not about league tables and prizes?
    It seems to me that some people are taking the fun rather too seriously.
    Last edited by luddite; 15-09-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Correct me if I am wrong Steve but wasn't the NEFFA Hunter supposed to be a
    bout having fun, not about league tables and prizes?
    Fun is meant to be serious Kenneth old bean, why else would we spend £££££'s on pop guns to shoot tin chickens with if not to enjoy ourselves.

Ryan
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
    The NEFTA Hunter series is also run as a Team event for NEFTA Clubs, if you are not a member of a NEFTA club your score, if good enough, will count for your team. None NEFTA members are classed as visitors
    Ah, I see, thanks for explaining that. I have lots to learn regarding the way these things are run
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Correct me if I am wrong Steve but wasn't the NEFFA Hunter supposed to be about having fun, not about league tables and prizes?
    Shooting is always for the fun and meeting new folk.The series (at least the 3 i shot) was excellent,courses beautiful fun and challenging and a great positive for the NEFTA series.To us middle aged and oldies silver( or alike) isnt an issue but it gives the youngsters a goal and encouragemet. It will also promote the sport. At the end of the day to recieve a reward is great confidance builder and to take part and enjoy has its own Golden Glory.As mentioned for next year by S Hebby the inclusion of a reward will only enhance the series.Sponsorship is a good way of funding the prizes and doesnt drain any series or club funds.
    We can all still have fun and the best way to achieve a goal is to beat your personal best,anything on top of that is a bonus.
    Well done to the winners especially Len in the .22 who i shot with in the last round, Greg Hensman jnr in the 14-16 yrs and all for participating.Last but not least all the clubs and members who made it all possible.
    Cheers all Steve P.

PS nice desciption of the sport in your quote Ryan

Shooting is always for the fun and meeting new folk.The series (at least the 3 i shot) was excellent,courses beautiful fun and challenging and a great positive for the NEFTA series.To us middle aged and oldies silver( or alike) isnt an issue but it gives the youngsters a goal and encouragemet. It will also promote the sport. At the end of the day to recieve a reward is great confidance builder and to take part and enjoy has its own Golden Glory.As mentioned for next year by S Hebby the inclusion of a reward will only enhance the series.Sponsorship is a good way of funding the prizes and doesnt drain any series or club funds.
    We can all still have fun and the best way to achieve a goal is to beat your personal best,anything on top of that is a bonus.
    Well done to the winners especially Len in the .22 who i shot with in the last round, Greg Hensman jnr in the 14-16 yrs and all for participating.Last but not least all the clubs and members who made it all possible.
    Cheers all Steve P.

Now thats what i call a backtrack
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    Now thats what i call a backtrack
    Stick to course setting!!!!! Oh what medals have you won other than cycling profficiency.......oops sorry i forgot ,you fell off!!!!!!!!!

Stick to course setting!!!!! Oh what medals have you won other than cycling profficiency.......oops sorry i forgot ,you fell off!!!!!!!!!
    I think your wife is waiting for you upstairs you cream duff and i have won something but cant recall it was so long ago
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Quote Originally Posted by never too old View Post
    I think your wife is waiting for you upstairs you cream duff and i have won something but cant recall it was so long ago
    You are right she is and it must have been a long time ago as i know how old you are.Have a good night old buddy and maybe we will drag your sorry ass upto the NEFTAS next year,

You are right she is and it must have been a long time ago as i know how old you are.Have a good night old buddy and maybe we will drag your sorry ass upto the NEFTAS next year,
    Will be a long way to travel
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    Ah, I see, thanks for explaining that. I have lots to learn regarding the way these things are run
    Sorry about that, my post should have said "if you are a member of a NEFTA club your score will count for your Team, if good enought"

Cheers all Steve P.

Steve,
    I'm not sure if you are getting confused here. The reward scheme for your shooting on the day is the badge system (gold, silver or bronze). When I mentioned trophies/prizes, these would be for the final placings at the end of the series.
    Regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by S Hebby View Post
    Steve,
    I'm not sure if you are getting confused here. The reward scheme for your shooting on the day is the badge system (gold, silver or bronze). When I mentioned trophies/prizes, these would be for the final placings at the end of the series.
    Regards
    Steve
    Steve read your quote at the top of the page. I understand the badge system and your comments for next year.
    Cheers Steve

The original concept of the NEFTA Hunter series was that less emphasis would be placed on those that finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. The emphasis was on having safe fun, first and foremost and setting personal goals to achieve - hence the Gold, Silver, Bronze awards.

If trophies/awards were to be introduced for 2010, It would be in keeping with those original goals to have awards that included a large number of shooters rather than just the top 5 or 10 places in a league table.

So perhaps awards for the top 50 and maybe raffle prizes for those that shot 3 or more events out of the six. Or an award for most consistent shooter, most improved shooter, least moany shooter - that sort of thing.