Thread: MK 1 Airsporter

MK 1 Airsporter

Has anyone any rough idea as to how much one of these things are worth.
    Its in original box,.177 cal. Absolute MINT condition, all paperwork and pellets, oil etc are with it
    Bought in 1950 and has approx 10 pellets put through it.
    An elderly gent has it and wants to know value with a view to selling.
    Anyone??

Thanks in advance
    Roy

Roy

If it's as you describe, it will be a lot. However it would increase the interest if you could take some quality pictures and post the serial number that is in front of the trigger guard. This will maximise the interest and allow for a proper valuation to be made. Hosting pictures is easy and there is a sticky at the top of the page detailing how to do it. Alternatively you might find a nice fellow in the collectors corner to do it for you.
    There will be a lot of people holding their breath!!
    HTH
    Mark

Airsporter Mk1

Hi
    i sold an Airsporter mk1 on here that was mint but not to the degree that your friends is and mine was sold for£325. i would have thought easy £500 or even more to the American market.
    atb
    Dean.
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

Something not quite right here.
    If it was made in 1950 and it is definitely an Airsporter then it is .22 calibre, not .177.
    If it was definitely made in 1950 and is definitely .177, then it is a Club, which is rarer.
    It will say which on the cylinder.
    If however it is definitely an Airsporter and is definitely in .177 then it is a Mark 2, made after 1959, not quite so desirable.

Value: If a Mk.1 Airsporter in .22, then £500
    If a Club then £675
    If a Mk.2 Airsporter then £350 - £375

These are true valuations in that these sums are what I personally would be prepared to pay, as opposed to plucking a figure out of the air, which of course is meaningless.

The best thing you can do to get a realistic quote is to put up some photos - including the serial number, barrel and cylinder markings.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.