Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Meteor Mk1 trigger

If you're sure that the end of the long side of the sear spring is on top of the stop pin, and that the short end of the trigger spring is under the stop pin... (you may also need to twist the trigger spring around so that the loop is smaller to get tension???)...if the springs are fitted correctly, then I think it can only be a worn sear/trigger, or the slot in the piston that the sear engages with?...been ages so really just guessing
    blah blah

It could be that your trigger assembly is correct but the inside of the cylinder opposite the trigger assembly has been worn by the piston tail.
    This allows the piston to move upwards and slide forward over the sear as if the sear is not engaging with the piston.

My first Meteor had this problem but the previous owner had fixed it by hitting the top of the cylinder down with a lumphammer and blunt chisel.
    I've still got the gun and it still works so I wasn't robbed of my £2 (1971 prices eh).

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 15-09-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks for the advise guys, I will persist with it as I would really like to see this one firing again.

Rob
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day..

old thread i know but i have the same(ish) problem,i have followed the diagram to no avail.mine will cock but not release.can anyone post a close up photo of a mk1 trigger assembly as it's driving me nuts!