Thread: Walther diopter sight.

Walther diopter sight.

Hello, I've been searching the net for some foresight elements for my Walther LGV Spezial. The closest match I have found are Anschutz elements like this one

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...ml?cPath=44_49

The tabs don't seem to line up like the Walther types, this is my one and only.

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/image/117278129

If anyone has any they could part with or has any suggestions of maybe adapting other makes to fit I would be very grateful..
    all the best...Dave..

can you measure the dimensions of your one element and I'll see if I can match it up to ones that I've got lying around.

I would need to know the diameter of the element and the width of both tangs,

Vic T

I think UKNeil does some nice perspex ones. A bevel cut around the holes creates a shadow which gives the impression of a floating circle. If you want to stick to the original ones, let me have the diameter and tab sizes in a PM and I'll see if I have any in my spares box.

Edit: just seen Vic's post. What he said.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for the replies, I like the idea of the perspex ones, a floating circle sounds great, if they can be made to fit, but I would like to have some original ones if possible.
    The diameter is 16mm
    and the tabs are, the wide one 4mm, narrow one 3mm and its marked 4.2 which I think will be the diameter of the aperture.
    Many thanks..Dave..

PS/ How do I get in touch with UKNeil does he have a website?..
    Last edited by Oldandshaky; 15-09-2009 at 06:11 PM.