Thread: Parts bin HW35.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Parts bin HW35.

I recently finished a project which was to make up a HW35 from my parts bin.
    I used a cylinder donated by a friend from a wrecked action and a true carbine barrel (it still has the foresight grooves). These were re-blued by Colin at M.A.G. and you can see the quality and depth of blueing HERE by looking at the reflections in the cylinder. [Thanks Col. ] The photos dont do the blueing justice.
    The original leather piston head was damaged when someone had pushed nails through the transfer port () so a new leather piston head, kindly donated by a BBS member (sorry I cant remember who) was used. The piston was polished so was a spare, marked trigger guard and the trigger blade also done to match. A later brass safety button was modified. An Export stock which I had bought off here eventually did come in useful. My only problem is is that the rifle has two serial numbers! One on the barrel and one on the cylinder.
    The results are here:

Photo 1

Photo 2

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8154/no4e.jpg

Its nice to shoot with a quick, quiet, very mild 'thump' recoil and pushing out Webley Mossies (.22) @ 580fps. I will put a tin of pellets through it before I even consider its consistency.

Well, it kept me happy and quiet for a few hours.

I shall bring this rifle to the clubs Classic event at our indoor range on the 1st Nov. for people to have a play with.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 15-09-2009 at 09:51 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk