Thread: Webley vulcan ks .22 for sale

Webley vulcan ks .22 for sale

Hi everyone.I have for sale a webley vulcan ks.Which is the carbine version of the proper [made in birmingham] webleys.Quite nice condition,i dont think it's had much use to be honest.I have owned this rifle in the past when it was in mint condition.However it was then sold to a friend who has taken a bit of a toll on it's condition.Nothing bad just a few superficial marks on the stock.Cocks loads and fires pretty much perfectly,still has the open sights
    no butchering of stock screws.So i would rate the stock at 7/10.Action 8/10
    Reason for selling is it's just not getting used as .22 is not really my favourite
    calibre...£85 posted please.No offers as this is an absolute bargain.Payment
    by cheque or postal order please...

vulcan ks

Hi there.I believe the ks's were the last of the vulcans and as such is probably the mark 3.Basically a normal vulcan with a 11.5 inch barrell with silencer adaptor.No lateral play in barrell.To be honest i dont think it.s fired more than a few hundred rounds in it.s life...Thanks...Lewis...

any slop in the breech is easy to sort on these, and are you aware how simple it is to change the barrel on a Vulcan?

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    any slop in the breech is easy to sort on these, and are you aware how simple it is to change the barrel on a Vulcan?
    Go on then mucker...let rip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gambo View Post
    Go on then mucker...let rip!!!

OK take the breech block out of the jaws, drill a 18mm hole on a block of wood and then pass the barrel through it, put the block of wood on an open vice jaw to supprt it, then heat the breech block up with either a heat gun or flame, once smoking hot tap the breech end with a copper mallet or similar untill its gone flush with the breech block and use a 15mm x 100mm piece of alloy rod to tap it all the way out of the block!

its as simple as that, they were pressed in with some kind of resin in the factory, when you refit the new barrel dont glue it simply fit it and use grub screws in the rearsight holes on the block to retain it, or you can simply shorten the rearsight cap screws (does assume your using a scope)!

I mark and spot drill the barrel where the screws touch it, its totally secure and you can disassemble it in seconds if you need to do any work like threading the barrel!

regards
    Mike.

Question vulcan ks

is it sold yet chap,,,,,,,,,wayne.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    OK take the breech block out of the jaws, drill a 18mm hole on a block of wood and then pass the barrel through it, put the block of wood on an open vice jaw to supprt it, then heat the breech block up with either a heat gun or flame, once smoking hot tap the breech end with a copper mallet or similar untill its gone flush with the breech block and use a 15mm x 100mm piece of alloy rod to tap it all the way out of the block!

its as simple as that, they were pressed in with some kind of resin in the factory, when you refit the new barrel dont glue it simply fit it and use grub screws in the rearsight holes on the block to retain it, or you can simply shorten the rearsight cap screws (does assume your using a scope)!

I mark and spot drill the barrel where the screws touch it, its totally secure and you can disassemble it in seconds if you need to do any work like threading the barrel!

regards
    Mike.
    What the Hawk MkIII should have been!
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

regards
    Mike.

I like that Mike, very good info.

Or you could do it by fitting a Hawk MK2 breach block as I did (thanks again Mr HWVIXEN) then you can swap barrels and calibres as and when you like.

This is not my idea by the way, the first air rifle given away by Jim Tyler's Sporting Air Rifle magazine was a Custom Vulcan with a Hawk breach fitted and two barrels.

All the best Mick

Welcome Mick.......might have another knocking about if anyone's interested....!

vulcan ks

Sold to ...

vulcan ks

Alls well thats ends well,hey.My thanks to the buyer [ ] for his immediate payment,Being very trusting by buying the rifle from me without seeing it and being so patient when the royal mail [or should that be snail] took 10 working days to deliver it.It's been nearly a year since i joined this forum and all good news so far.Everything iv'e bought and sold has arrived safely...