Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackal Owners

Jackal Owners

Hello Folks ,
    Thought this would be the place to post this question
    Sorry if this has been asked before, just wondered how many people own one (or lots as one individual does)how many are still out in circulation?
    So Have you got one or it's derivatives?
    Cheers
    Mark.

Thumbs up Jackal

Heres a couple of pics of my Air Arms Jackal, i really like it as its totally different from anything else, and its very accurate and its also doing
    11.4ftlbs on the chrono with RWS Superdomes

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...i-Power-02.jpg

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/f...i-Power-01.jpg

atb Andy

Fantastic rifle! I have just bought one (I think) from the sales section. I have had three or four of these and they are great rifles...expect to hear from Pad E!

Confession time

Like many, I wanted a Jackal when I was younger but couldn't afford the excessive £50 for one!

I started collecting them around 18 months ago and now have 24 various abs stocked Sussex Armoury and Air Arms versions, at least one of each model and various .177 and .22 versions (but not the .20 yet).

I have also managed to pick up most of the woodstocked AA variants.

Still missing the AR7 in both Jungle and Artic camo stocks, if anyone has one!

Mike

I have just missed out on one that sold for £60.Was air arms version in good condition.All the blueing was spot on and the only thing I could see wrong with it was one of the little ears on the front sight was broken off.I saw it in a shop last week,apparently it had been there months,I thought about it for a day and phoned the shop,it had been sold in that time gutted.

24!? 24!?

Actually

I forgot one. that's 25 then!

Jackals

Great rifles, I have a mint HI-POWER from when I was a lad and the same woodstocked version, as all Jackals shared the same power unit and only the stocks and barrels differed, theres not much between them, although I always and still do hanker after the Woodsman (7" barrel) or its abs stocked counterpart the AR7, which were always advertised with the Singlepoint red dot sight attached. Always remember a piece in Airgun World, when I think it was John Darling took out a Woodsman with a Singlepoint attached and despatched a squirrel in mid run. I'v a couple of these sights and compared with modern red dots they don't compare, but like most things at the time they were groundbreaking. As far as I know the stocks were only ever black and never came in camo of any kind, again as previously mentioned I'm sure Pad E will be a long shortly to confirm either way. Good luck with the collecting cheers Roll

Quote Originally Posted by verybigmike View Post
    I forgot one. that's 25 then!
    Blimey I think Pad E and you must own most of the ones left in circulation

elad is offline Pie Man cos me like PIE
    My sussex armoury jackal is colecting dust (can see them dangling out of the chopper after some mad person phones the cops ..mad man running around with a assault rifle) needs tidying but took some pics.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...6/DSCN5546.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...6/DSCN5547.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...6/DSCN5548.jpg

Dale
    Eat Pie everything's better after Pie

I own an Air Arms HI-Power and its posh brother an SE 90 both in .22 cal. I used to have one of the origianal Sussex Armoury Jackal with 19 inch barrel but stupidly sold it when i left the sport 20 years ago. Very underatred rifles in my humble opinion.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I still have a brand new stock for one of these sitting in my loft (has never been used, or attached to an action ), and is complete with a genuine dummy mag , and am still on the look out for an Air Arms, or Sussex Armoury action to fit into it ... Anybody got an action spare following an accident resulting in a broken stock that they'd like to sell me ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hello someone mention the Jackal Air Rifle

Yes Mike has overtook me on the amount of Jackals & fair play to him, if I had my way I would of had at least 35-40 , if it weren't for my pesky kids He is the silent one of the Jackal collection where as me well I'm the loud one.

>>HERE's<< a link to my Jackal collection, some are in original state & the rest have been modded by me.

I also would like a .20 version. I nearly got one from America but that fell through. There are others that I'd like, but only when it's monetary viable.

Roll27, Sussex Armoury did make a 'run' of those camo stocks that Mike was going on about. >>HERE's<< an advert of them.

airgunner77, g The RWS Superdomes are the best pellet for the Jackal range & RWS Superpoint are the best pellets for the autoloader on the Firepower models

Gareth, I do have a spare action, however it's got no internals & it's rusty as hell

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

paddy that took you a long time!! i also own a mint boxed hi power

small hi jack ,if anyone is fortunate to own a 20 cal jackal,ive got 2 tins of sussex armoury spitfire pellets 20cal
    rgds scirroco

Quote Originally Posted by scirroco View Post
    paddy that took you a long time!! i also own a mint boxed hi power

small hi jack ,if anyone is fortunate to own a 20 cal jackal,ive got 2 tins of sussex armoury spitfire pellets 20cal
    rgds scirroco

I've done a 12hr shift today, so just seen the thread

I'm interested in those pellets.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK