Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jackal Owners

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    I had an AR7 but had to sell most of my collection a few years back and the AR7 was one that was sold,I'd like another one at some point.Dead pointy little rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    I had an AR7 but had to sell most of my collection a few years back and the AR7 was one that was sold,I'd like another one at some point.Dead pointy little rifles.
    They are indeed, you can get onto target very quick with the AR7/Combat short barreled Jackals

Tell you what Dave, when we meet up at the MidlandsHFT I'll bring my AR7 & you can borrow it for a bit. How does that sound.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Roll27, Sussex Armoury did make a 'run' of those camo stocks that Mike was going on about. >>HERE's<< an advert of them.
    Regards
    Paddy.
    Pad E, I remember seeing that advert for the Arctic and Jungle Jackals, but never saw any rifles wearing those stocks. Can you confirm that they were made. Or were they just mock ups for the ad?
    I can just immagine what my mates would have said if I'd ever turned out with an "Arctic Carbine"
    An orange gat?! Tha'd best fo ok off 'om afooa the freetens all t' birds off.
    Oh, and I have to admit to having an AR7 with Singlepoint.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Jumping In

I can confirm that the Jungle and Arctic camo Ar7s did exist and were sold. I'm on the trail of an Arctic at the moment.

Mike

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by verybigmike View Post
    I can confirm that the Jungle and Arctic camo Ar7s did exist and were sold. I'm on the trail of an Arctic at the moment.

Mike
    I always thought they were the stuff of legend and an over active marketing immagination. Will you post pics when you get hold of it?
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Artic

If I do get hold of it (and sadly it is a big if) I will post loads of pics

I've just been looking at this thread and all the wonderful Jackals,and it has just taken me back to 14 years old again.When i was in the army cadets one of the NCO's used to bring he's one in so we could have a shoot at the back of the hut along with an HW35E,obviously the Jackal used to get all the attention.I remember going home and looking in the airgun mags at the adverts for Jackals and wishful thinking,i even went to Sussex Armoury in London near Trafalgar square a few times to have a look around and always ended up at the Jackal section.Happy daysLovely collections by the way.

Airarms Hi power currently resides in my garage awaiting alot of TLC.

Had it since I was a teenager and it was responsible for my return to airgunning.

Still love it to bits
    Help yourself to sauces down the end there...