Thread: Milbro Diana Series 70 Model 79 - 1976

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual

Milbro Diana Series 70 Model 79 - 1976

Hello,

I have recently acquired one of the above rifles. In the stock is a shallow circular recess. The bottom of the recess appears to have glue remnants still present. Within the glue? is the word DIANA.

The recess, which is also shown on the model on the Chambers website, appears to have held a badge? Is this right or was it just the word DIANA covered in an epoxy resin?

If it was a badge, does anyone have one they could part with?
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    The hole housed a small gold coloured medal. Looked quite good imo. No idea where you'd find one now though. Have sold the example of the same that I had, but will go through my photos, and if can find a pic of it (am sure I have one somewhere), I will post it here for your ref etc . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thumbs up Yes Its A Medal

As Gareth says its a gold medal.In the middle of it has Diana the Huntress holding a rifle up & round the edge of the medal it says Diana Series 70 These are brilliant little rifles & dispite what some would say very well built I,v got one and would never sell it because its so very nice to shoot ATVB Rellum

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual
    Cheers chaps

dont hold out much hope of finding one of them then!
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40