Following Sam99's request, I thought collectors may want to see pics of what is probably my personal favourite air rifle in my collection. Pics to follow.

This rifle started life as a Lincoln but in the 1970's, was very well converted into a SMLE lookalike. It was apparently one of six, the others consisting of No4 clones and I am told minatures but no idea what the latter look like or how small they are. Underlever and tap work as you would expect and the full stock makes the whole piece resemble the SMLE very closely. It takes the standard SMLE bayonet but is very difficult to shoot acurately with this fitted. Experts will note the butt is actually from a No4 but the overall impression is of a WW1 era SMLE. A similar rifle was featured by Harvey in Airgun World in 1978 while my own example featured a couple of years ago. As to shooting her, she took first prize at a recent Vintage HFT event (no, I didn't use the bayonet on the closer targets!) and always draws attention when I take her out. A keeper if ever there was one.

Kind regards,
John