Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikko Scope - Problem or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by ganp View Post
    I can't offer any advice Dave, but I do know that this shift on zooming is due to the reticle not being optically centered.

Colin.

Hi Colin, Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated.

Rechecked to make sure the scope was optically centered in "VEE" blocks today & got the same result; so, optically centered by "counting the clicks" method- guess what- the error was even worse.

Even so, I still think you have a point although I don't think it's due to my method as I do not have the same problem with my other scopes. What I didn't try was seeing if the scope having been centered - remained centered at both ends of the zoom range whilst still in the "VEE BLOCKS" ?

Any way I'm sending it back because that sudden jump it displays when the parallax wheel hits the stop at nearest focus point should not happen. I have the correct paperwork & can get dealer backup if required so I'll "suck it & see"

Dave
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Dave, I meant that the reticle is not optically centered within the scope itself.

Dialing shifts the image, not the reticle. No matter how much you dial, when centered accurately, the centre of the reticle should not appear to shift on the image when zooming. There is no user adjustment for the reticle position and unless the scope has been damaged I fear it is down to manufacturing tolerances and assembly.

Hopefully it will be sorted out when you send it back - good luck.

Colin.

Just to update all you very helpful people & many thanks to you all for taking an interest.

Scope returned to Highland with covering letter of outlined problems a couple of weeks back.

New scope dispatched back from them FREE OF CHARGE!

Many thanks to Highland for their prompt & fair service.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Good result.

Colin.

great result mate
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user