Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of buying a PCP

Gary C Guest
    Bottom line is that if u stick any of the guns mentioned on a bench they will do all u want and more

Whichever feels best will give u the accuracy for the standers.

I've own BSA S10, Daystate, and Air Arms rifles. My most accurate rifle is the BSA but let down by a horrid creepy trigger.

Therefore I like AA 410 in lightweight, Harrier X medium and MK3 Heavy.

In your budget 410 or Harrier X are probably the most popular, but if u get on with it a Hornet will save you ££ and a S10 Carbine gives u superb balance and a lot of shots....

Hopefully my waffling has shown u that theres so many good points in them all that, as kenny says, the only impression worth a damn is your own.

Where abouts are you in Somerset Brodie?

If it's not too far I should pop down Mendip Clays shooting club in Wells and shoulder some of the rifles down there. They are a nice bunch of people and have a large stock of PCPs.

http://www.mendipclays.co.uk/

Dave,
    They said you can't polish sh*t.. well mine's chrome plated

I'm not far from Mendip Clays mate - I live near Yeovil, but I'm having trouble freeing up a weekend to actually get there!

What are the membership prices for there mate?

Regards

Brodie

Gary C Guest
    best bet is mail airgunner2388.
    Barry has more airguns than BAR and is a top bloke

Originally posted by brodie_76
    I'm not far from Mendip Clays mate - I live near Yeovil, but I'm having trouble freeing up a weekend to actually get there!

What are the membership prices for there mate?

Regards

Brodie
    Think I payed around £25 a year.
    You don't need a membership to go down and try a few guns out. The gun prices are a little expensive so I would try, and not buy
    They said you can't polish sh*t.. well mine's chrome plated

Snapshot. Guest
    Originally posted by JohnnyLarge
    The Hornet is about 8lbs-ish. Add a scope and silencer and you're up to 9lbs-ish. The carbine is nice and compact and weighty.
    You must try one out.
    If I remember correctly, Snapshot has one for sale in .177 in the sales section at a good price.
    Not guilty! Not a gun I've ever owned. It might be Singleshot that's trying to sell one.

Jonathan

I purchased a BSA Hornet Multishot carbine (.22) a couple of months ago and I'm really pleased with it. It's very accurate, nicely balanced, looks good and gets 90 - 100 full power consistant shots from a fill.

I've topped mine off with a Hawke Niteye 3-9x50 IR scope and a Phoenix Phantom carbon fibre silencer

It's my first pcp and I'm well chuffed.

Norm

cooky Guest
    I think most have said this many times before

people can say this gun is the best you can get ect ect but its the gun that feels right foir you that you should buy not 1 on recommendation from x ammount of people yes they can point you in sort of the right direction but at the end of the day your gonna be shooting it not them

if you have a local club go and see what people are using ask them there thoughts on their gun and if you ask nice they might let you have a go

Originally posted by Snapshot.
    Not guilty! Not a gun I've ever owned. It might be Singleshot that's trying to sell one.

Jonathan
    Sorry, I always get you two mixed up!
    John
    Rule are for the guidance of wise men and the unswerving obedience of fools!