If people want to buy it, then that's up to them, my beef with it is that, like the first re-incarnation of Webley, the people that own the name now are offering a product, made probably pretty cheaply abroad (where wages and manufacturing costs, taxes, energy, environmental costs etc.) for a price that one would associate with a premium western-European product.

I for one, resent that. It seems to me that the owners are using the Webley name to offer a mid-range product at a higher price than it warrants. That means that people that buy this product will be paying over the odds, and will probably end up[ being disappointed.

It's not that I don't like Webley products. I own two Webley Mk3 rifles, two Tempests, two Nemesis pistols, two Longbows, a Mk1 pistol, a Senior and a Premier, all excellent products. I loved the old Webley firm. Don't misunderstand me. I just think it's a bit off of the current owners to make Webley stuff abroad where it's cheap, and then charge what seems to me to be a very high price here for it. Some firms like Edgar Brothers can import stuff from Turkey, sell it at a reasonable price and make a profit, why can't Webley? The pricing of the 'new' Tempests is a case in point, why are they going to be so expensive, if they're made in Turkey, they should be cheap. To do otherwise seems like profiteering and ripping Webley fans off.

If this new pistol was British made I would have one on order already, but I'm not going to be ripped off, paying top money for a Turkish gun with Webley badges stuck on it.