Thread: Tasty "NEW" Webley SSP Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Alecto

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Gamo are Spanish

And yep most other countries do produce quality stuff
    I have a Chinese Rifle thats a dream to shoot, looks awsome and is running at about 11.5ft/lbs and no I haven't tuned it

When I was a kid the 'foraigner's' were the Japanese and their products such as Cars and Mortorcycles were 'Jap Crap' now look at em, they are the envy of many countries with their innovations in technology and their top quality.

But the main argument of this thread is will the Alecto, help restore the reputation that the Webley brand name once had?

If it shoots as sweet as it looks then they ar onto a good thing

The shooters will decide

Tony
    Well said GRASSHOPPER...mike... simples

Just for the record, I do like the look of this Alecto, apart from the palm shelf, and the system it employs sounds interesting (I like the idea of two power levels), and as I said before, I will reserve judgement on the quality of it until it has reached the shops and been on sale for a while. It might be very good.

I only have two problems with Webleys, the first is that I would prefer them to be made in the UK, the second is that, being made in Turkey, it should be substantially cheaper than something vaguely similar made in Western Europe, even if the quality is high.

I know that other countries can turn out high quality goods, and I don't believe that anything made in the UK is automatically better than things made abroad, it's just that for reasons that I admit are partly sentimental and partly practical, I would like to see the UK retain a range of industries and skills, gunsmithing and airgun manufacturing being among many that I would like to preserve if possible.

I don't wish New Webley any ill-will, but I do hope they can consider making stuff in the UK again sometime.