Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tasty "NEW" Webley SSP Pistol

If its designed / engineered well then its probably fair value - the end user will decide once we see it in the flesh..

BUT does anyone know if their is a LH / ambi version on the way ? - otherwise I defo wont be buying one

ATB Simon

I agree with Rob M. This seems very expensive for a pistol made in a cheap-labour country that is only useable for plinking or informal competitions. The ultimate irony is that you can buy a good-condition Hurricane or Tempest for much less and the Hurricane/Tempest will probably teach the owner far more about how to shoot a pistol properly. For not much more than the cost of the new Webley, it might even be possible to find an FWB65 and that is the greatest air-pistol of all time. I wish Webley luck and have a sentimental attachment to the brand but they will have to do better than this to survive in a market that is crowded with plinking air-pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by mickson View Post
    All this talk about where guns are produced, how many of you are on the net with british made computers we all know they come from china or far east in general, same goes for all your electronic gear, the clothes you wear,
    & quite a lot of cars, give the new owners of webley a chance, yes the pistol produced by the previous owners was Rubbish, lets not decry this one till we get our hands on it, & just maybe if the company gets on its feet they'll start making in the UK again. To many people in this country defeatist & negative,
    Oh and by the way a Lot of euro guns have parts made in turkey & china with just final assy & packing in europe so that they can claim ther european, including Very pricey target guns...mike...
    The problem with computers is that nobody makes computers in the west any more, so we don't have the option of buying British. We did have the option of buying British, with air pistols, until recently. The fact that electronics, clothes, and everything else is made abroad should make it more important to buy British where we can, not less, a country needs a broad range of industries and skills, currently we are losing ours and we need to do what we can where possible, not just roll over and say "well, me computer's chinese, so are me clothes, might as well buy a foreign airgun too."

I'm not being defeatist either, as I have said, if either Webley or BSA starts making a pistol in the UK I will buy one, pronto. I will not buy a foreign-made airgun that I consider to be overpriced by unscrupulous businessmen trying to make money out of a brand-name. Not that I'm saying that is what is going on here, I'll wait and see on that score, all I am saying at the moment is that in my opinion this gun is too expensive for what it is, just as the other Webley's turkish made Longbows were too expensive (pitched at a price higher than the original Webley was selling British-made ones for!).

To clarify my former post on this thread, the 'Alecto' is a rebadged product, not Hatsan, but has not yet been made available under any other company's name.

Exclamation Confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    To clarify my former post on this thread, the 'Alecto' is a rebadged product, not Hatsan, but has not yet been made available under any other company's name.
    I happily accept that i am NOT one of the EX - SPURTS, but i'm still confused not been produced or sold by Anyone , but still re-Badged

Question Re-Badged

I happily accept that i am NOT one of the EX - SPURTS, but i'm still confused not been produced or sold by Anyone , but still re-Badged
    I'm with Mickson on this one.
    Target bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

I see I think. It probably will be sold under another brand as well, but hasn't hit the market yet. Presumably because the Webley deal allows them first crack of the whip. In which case my guess if it's not Hatsan is now that it's Chinese made as per the Beeman P17/2004.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    I had an email back from Steve Hoare at Webley this morning, and I've got one coming as soon as they come in, hopefully before Christmas.

I'll let you know what it's like as soon as it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I see I think. It could possibly be sold under another brand as well, but hasn't hit the market yet. Presumably because the Webley deal allows them first crack of the whip. In which case my guess if it's not Hatsan is now that it's Chinese made as per the Beeman P17/2004.
    You've more or less got it, see my edit to your post.
    It's Turkish made, not Chinese.

Oh! I only knew of one Turkish airgun manufacturer, especially one connected with Webley. I will await further news with interest.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Hi

Me & Jim (Target Bunny) have been in contact with Webley about there new pistol.

And I'm delighted to say that they will be bringing two RH gripped ALECTO pistols for us to use at our UBC Meet in Coventry on October 24th.

I've only seen the picture of it & I think it looks cool. A cross between a HW40 & Desert Eagle

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Bagsy a go! Bagsy a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Bagsy a go! Bagsy a go!
    You just wait your turn, management team first if you don't mind

I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces in at the meet as are the other guy's and gals.

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    You just wait your turn, management team first if you don't mind

I'm looking forward to putting it through its paces in at the meet as are the other guy's and gals.

Tony
    Well I think it should be Jim first as he done the intial invite & then me because I also liased with them

Also there will hopefully be some technical guys from Webley attending, so you'll all be able to ask them questions.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    This is so cool!
    Get several thousand air pistol shooterstogether in a club and suddenly people are talking to us!
    Well done Jim & Paddy & anyone else involved,
    This is great news!
    Nick