Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tasty "NEW" Webley SSP Pistol

No worries Paul, thanks! I'm not out to bash the 'new' Webley all the while but it just seemed so unlikely to me that I had to question the claim that it was much more powerful than the old one. I may be wrong of course, it could be that the new Tempest is substantially different inside and it is a powerful pistol, but I thought it was supposed to be the same as the old one.

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    I wonder if they're going to make the trigger any nicer?

My old Hurricane's trigger was pretty nasty as standard.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    No worries Paul, thanks! I'm not out to bash the 'new' Webley all the while but it just seemed so unlikely to me that I had to question the claim that it was much more powerful than the old one. I may be wrong of course, it could be that the new Tempest is substantially different inside and it is a powerful pistol, but I thought it was supposed to be the same as the old one.
    Could it have anything to do with the fact that it's supposed to be a Special Centennial Edition?

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebral Chasm View Post
    Unless you want to handle one first then order one from Solware - I think they have put in an order for more than one and will will then send it by courier to the Air gun centre at a small charge.
    OK great, ill get onto it,

Many thanks,

Rich.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    Could it have anything to do with the fact that it's supposed to be a Special Centennial Edition?

Paul
    I thought from the stuff they've published so far it is purely a new production run of the same design Birmingham-made Tempest (may even be made of old parts, I suppose, or made on the original moulds and tooling), just made in China, apparently, the special edition bit is that it comes in an old-fashioned wooden case with pellets, cleaning rod etc. It's my belief, and I may be wrong, but unless they have changed the design substantially, I can't see how it would do anywhere near six ft/lbs. I think that bit is just hype, and I don't know why people on here would be so ready to believe it, or repeat it. We'll have to wait and see eh? From the photos it looks just like the Tempest we all know and love...

Question Teriffic Tempest

Hi Guys
    Well I could ASK them if they will turn up at the May UBC meet then we can get hands on checking it out.
    Webley seem to be attempting to redress years of duff management and cynical profit taking. Right now they are THE name in aprochability so I think an aproach is worthwhile.

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    I thought from the stuff they've published so far it is purely a new production run of the same design Birmingham-made Tempest (may even be made of old parts, I suppose, or made on the original moulds and tooling), just made in China, apparently, the special edition bit is that it comes in an old-fashioned wooden case with pellets, cleaning rod etc. It's my belief, and I may be wrong, but unless they have changed the design substantially, I can't see how it would do anywhere near six ft/lbs. I think that bit is just hype, and I don't know why people on here would be so ready to believe it, or repeat it. We'll have to wait and see eh? From the photos it looks just like the Tempest we all know and love...
    There's the answer, it's using Chinese ft/lbs! They're far more powerful than our British ones
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

The quote of '6ft.lbs.' on the press release website is incorrect.
    The Centennial Tempest, which is made in Turkey, is basically the same design as the original Tempest, therefore if you get more than 3.5ft.lbs. in .22, you are doing well.

Thanks for that... Don't know where I got the idea it was made in China... Sorry about that!

Thumbs up Reply

Hi Guys
    OK I have had a reply from Webley. There are two main sections and the questions are aswered fully and honestly but, since part of the reply involves the website I need to hold off publishing the answer in full and a partial reply is not particularly usefull.

However the OFFICIAL power of ANY Tempest is approximately 3.3 ft/lb in .22 and 2.9 ft/lb in .177 no matter how pretty the presentation case.

Please bear in mind that this has taken roughly 4 hours from question to answer and shows a great deal more commitment to shooters than has been apparent up till now.

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Has anyone received their Alecto yet? My dealer told me to check with him this Friday. Anyone got any other news?

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Quote Originally Posted by Ric O'shay View Post
    I think Livens in Burton on Trent were planning to get some

Webley said they hoped to have them 3 week in November

atb
    Nigel
    Might check them out, do you have an address for livens? thats one place i've not been to yet

They are in the shops now, .177 only.