Thread: Webley Mk.3 Stock Inserts

Webley Mk.3 Stock Inserts

I am having some facsimile Webley Mk.3 stock inserts made, of both types, but it appears the earlier insert is made from a different material to the later one, presumably because 'plastic' in 1946 was a different composition to the later version, and is a slightly off white colour, whereas the later insert is printed on a bright white plastic.
    I had intended to get both made from the same material as the later inserts, but, I can get the earlier inserts printed on a silk screen printed background at greater cost.
    If I stick with the one type of material, the earlier version could always be lacquered before it is fitted, which will alter the surface colour.
    What do BBS members think ?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

I think it is cool

In fact I want one to inlet into the ertzas walnut dash on my Rover. Webley medallions rock.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I don't think the colour difference will casus that much heart searching. If you were intending to sell some too put me down for one! Have a Mk3 sans medallion.

Being as all Mk 3s are old I would go for the off white every time, much classier.
    Cheers all
    Mark

Webley Mk 3

The one of my early MK3 fell out recently and before regluing it in I noticed it seemed to be made of some sort of laminated paper.

I'd be interested too, wouldn't be too bothered about the colour, but if was no hassle for you I would prefer off-white.

Thanks for doing this!

Old style for me

Smile

An old style for me please if you're going to do a group buy

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Having now cleaned up a 1st. pattern blank, I find it is virtually the same base colour as the 2nd. pattern, so all inserts will be the same off white colour, as per the originals, an example of which I have now sent to the printers for colour match.
    I think the first pattern appears darker on so many rifles, because of either a coat of varnish or polish.
    My intention is to offer these for sale, once I have finalised cost.
    The price should be no more than £8 each posted, and could possibly be less.

so i was told by a freind off mine who worked at webley, the very early stock badges where made off marine ivory, and the later one went to plastic, he insodently as a jam jar full of the later inserts, and a few off the early ones

shadowmaker

If you have any left I am intrested in them.....c.r.young@talktalk.net.......Regaeds Chris.