Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roger Barrow - roger62 - Rest in Peace

JDP is offline Tricktickler J. Valentine

Roger Barrow - roger62 - Rest in Peace

It is with great sadness I report the sudden and untimely death of Roger Barrow. Roger was a very good friend to me and many on here. He devoted much of his energies to his hobby of shooting, spending much time at Lea Valley Air Gun Club as Treasurer and later Secretary . If he wasn’t shooting , he’d be arguing the toss on here or one of the many other discussion forums he was a member of.

I know many on here will join me in passing on our sympathies to his family.

Roger Barrow - Rest in Peace 24/09/2009

Jonathan Purssell

JDP

What shocking news , I have not seen him posting much (and yourself of late on this forum ) nor have I spoken to him for a couple of years since I do not follow the HFT circuit these days .

Spent some good times arguing the toss at LV and Plymouth FT meet a few years ago where we shared a beer in a local pub (for local people)

He was born the same year as me - really makes you think about what is important in life.

What happened ?

My sincere condolences to his family (and to you mate )

RIP Roger62

Roger

What happened? (via PM please). He was only online on here a couple of nights ago.

Roger was a good egg and I liked him a lot.

Sorry news.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son" Dean Wormer.

I'm shocked to have learned this tragic news. "El Sec" was the person who introduced me to LV and helped me on my way. A great many people will be saddened to hear about this.
    I have posted this on the LV forum.

Condolences to his family.

Rog

I've not seen Roger for a while, but have fond memories of meeting him at LV.

Please forward my condolences to his friends, Club members and family.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Shocking news. I knew Roger at LV and can honestly say he was a driving force in his roles there. He moved back oop north but still took a keen interest in the clubs affairs.
    My condolences to his family.

Andy Y
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

Thank you all for the PM's. I'll post more details as and when I get them.

many thanks

Jonathan
    Last edited by JDP; 26-09-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Please pass on our deepest sympathy Jonathan.

Too shocked to say much more at the minute.

The Stancomb family
    Air Wolf, MCT, RWS 500, Daystate Mk3 Bullpup, Huntsman Mk2 Target Rifle, PH6, Anchutz, 7.62 Kongsberg, 7.92 Yugo Mauser and .22 Mauser.

Firstly a thank you to Jonathan for starting this thread and for posting this on my behalf (registration on the forum is disabled so I am unable to do it in person) .

I am married to Roger's brother, Bruce, and found myself Googling Roger's name this morning. This thread was the first item I found and I would like to thank Jonathan for starting it.

As you can appreciate, losing Roger on Friday so suddenly has left us all in shock. To read all of your replies was very comforting and will mean an awful lot to the family. I have forwarded a link to the forum onto Bruce for him to read, and to pass on to Roger's parents Pat and Jim.

Should any of you wish to pass on a message to Pat and Jim I am happy to do so on your behalf. Jonathan has my email address and if you drop him a PM he will forward it to me.

Funeral arrangements are not yet finalised and it may be that it is a small family event in his home town of Wilmslow. Should this not be the case I will pass details on to Jonathan as he has said that a few of you may wish to pay your respects in person.

Thank you again for your kind thoughts and words of what a great guy Rog was. He certainly was and will be greatly missed by us all.

Kind regards

Tanya Barrow

These words from Paul Warburton @ LVAGC

Roger was an important member of LVAGC who contributed more to the club that most members will ever realise. He was a dedicated member of the committee, having held the posts of Treasurer and Secretary and can take much of the credit for the current status of the club. He was one of those rare types of member that every club needs, one that put the good of the club before his personal shooting ambitions.

I feel honored to have been able to consider Roger as a friend and will miss him greatly.

Paul

Shocking news.

My sincerest condolences to all Rogers family and friends.

Rest in Peace mate.
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    R.I.P Roger.

Please send condolences to the family from all at Shepreth AGC.

Mark.

I didn't hear about this until Sunday and was really shocked by it. Roger was a great bloke and, as others have said, LV felt the loss when he left. As secretary, a major part of his role was keeping Bob Ruggles in check....

Jonathan

Goodbye Roger - I'd have hoped to see you if I ever got down to LV again.
    HW97k Venom Lazaglide .177 + 2.5-10x40

Belated condolences from myself to all who knew Roger, he was one of the good guys. I first met him and SuperMick when we were setting up the first HFT shoots for UKAHFT and he was an extremely helpful guy. I remember with great fondness the photographs from those times when we were all camping on site at LV and the fun that was had by all. I'll say no more! Another sad day.

Keith