Thread: CO2 pistols - ft/lbs?

CO2 pistols - ft/lbs?

Hi,

Could anyone tell me the typical ft/lb output from a CO2 air pistol please? I am sure they differ quite a bit but I am looking at things like the Walther CP88, Beretta 92FS etc. While I'm at it does anyone have a recommendation as to what to go for sub £100?

Many thanks,

Richard

The Birdman Guest
    There around 2 to 3FPP. One of the most powerful Co2's are the Sheridan EB range. Comes in .177 &.22. I believe these are £105 ish new. I have had one and they are very good. But the CP88,99 and the beretta range are all around 3Fpp maximum.

clubshot Guest
    My main interest in CO2 pistols is Rapid fire

We use them in Practical Pistol matches within all forms of UK Practical pistol Shooting.

Yes the Umarex Auto's do feel nice in most Shooters hands , but are normally the lowest power
    Less than 1FP

The Likes of the 6in Smith is Higher and much more accurate

The Anic Skiff is several times the power but suffers from a heavy trigger pull
    Through design of barrel coming back to fire round.

Yes has a 28 Shot magazine.
    But with Rapid Fire and a Heavy Pellet can often result in running out of CO2 before magazine is empty.

I have several CO2 pistols in my Pistol Box

My current favorite after my Licensed Brococks

Is a Twinmaster Top Pistol , which is run on compress Air from a Divers Bottle

www.practicalpistoluk.com

BOB/R

Old-gun Guest
    as the Birdman says ,, the sheridan eb range are the most powerfull, by a long way .

...cliff

Thanks!

Thanks for the information everyone! I was just worried they would be as powerful as my old "spud-gun" used to be!! I shall keep an eye on the sales forum for something recommended.

Richard

Originally posted by The Birdman
    There around 2 to 3FPP. One of the most powerful Co2's are the Sheridan EB range. Comes in .177 &.22. I believe these are £105 ish new. I have had one and they are very good. But the CP88,99 and the beretta range are all around 3Fpp maximum.
    Agree with you on the Sheridan EB, but the most popular calibre seems to be .20 - in fact I've only ever seen 1 for sale in .177 and none in .22. Pellet weight in .20 is 14.3 grains, same as .22 anyway, so it's a good calibre for pistol. I think mine does about 5 ft.lb. but it's hard to measure with a muzzle chrono because the gas cloud confuses it.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

kare Guest
    my cp88 is in .177 i too would like something a bit more powerful not sure wot to get