Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a HW77K - Could it be a laserglide?

Question Just bought a HW77K - Could it be a laserglide?

I've just bought this HW77k

The chap I bought it off doesn't know much about it or airguns in general but he bought it new about 4-5 years ago, paid £500 for it and it came with the following venom tag.

It came with the following info:

Hw77k
    Pellet - elley wasp
    Av velocity - 611max
    Kinetic energy - 11.93
    Recommended pellet - trophy premier paragon

I've searched for info on here on various venom tuning jobs and there seems to be no hard and fast rule for identification,ie some were stambed, some weren't, some had a little sticker on, some don't.
    Mine has no venom markings.

I've never owned or shot a springer before so have no idea from firing it whether it's anything special or not. There is hardly any recoil (less than a 22 rimmy)but as I say I've nothing to compare it to.

If I strip it down is there anything internally which will be a giveaway as to what it's had done in terms of the level of tuning?
    I'll happily take some more pictures to post if someone can tell me what needs identifying.

Any help appreciated,
    Thanks in advance
    David
    Last edited by pigglet; 28-10-2009 at 04:05 PM.

The stock looks to be a Venom Vantage or later called the Hunter stock,there is ways of telling if its a laserglide by the internals.It looks a nice rifle it might be worth sending it to Steve Pope,at VMach to have a look at.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Thanks for that venom man. Initially I would like to try and find out if it has got any special internals before I chuck money at it.
    It's hardly had any use, the guy I bought it off said it had only had one and a half tins of pellets through it so hopefully it won't need much attention.
    I thought an investigative strip down would be a good idea though.

Have you noticed that the rubber part of the recoil pad is upside down??? Very nice gun though.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

No I hadn't Thanks for that. I only picked it up last night so haven't had a chance to fiddle yet. I'm off out in the garden to set it up and have a play shortly

You can norrmally tell if its a lazerglide by the sliding breech. If this is black instead of silver, chances are it is a lazer. On my old lazerglide 77, if you cocked the rifle and carefully looked at the grease within the open breech, you could see lines where the nylon studs ran.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by pigglet View Post
    The chap I bought it off doesn't know much about it or airguns in general
    I'll bet you got that for a absolute steal, then!
    "...It's a spring gun see, not much call for these today...Oh, and I see it's a .22 ( long intake of breath ), well it's not worth the lead I'll be putting in it, to be honest with you...( etc )'.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Looks in really nice condition - I would guess it would be lazaglide, no harm in a strip and relube anyway..
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by dave blakemore View Post
    You can norrmally tell if its a lazerglide by the sliding breech. If this is black instead of silver, chances are it is a lazer. On my old lazerglide 77, if you cocked the rifle and carefully looked at the grease within the open breech, you could see lines where the nylon studs ran.

Dave.

Thanks for that Dave, I've taken some more pics which show the breech. There are tracks in the grease but not sure if they are what toy are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    "...It's a spring gun see, not much call for these today...Oh, and I see it's a .22 ( long intake of breath ), well it's not worth the lead I'll be putting in it, to be honest with you...( etc )'.
    Well I had no idea about it, I only discovered there was sucha thing as a lazerglide when I started looking on the net last night.
    I paid over the odds for a standard rifle but I have no idea how much it is worth now or how much a lazerglide is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by accused View Post
    Looks in really nice condition - I would guess it would be lazaglide, no harm in a strip and relube anyway..
    Yeah I'm thinking that.
    Just had play and put 5 pellets on top of each other at 35 yds so happy with it.
    In fact I think it's a much nicer gun than the s410 I had

Pics of breech

That is 99% surely a lazaglide, breech seal looks tired though...
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

Looks like a lazer to me. I would check the power, my old gun went up to nearly 13 ft pounds and i had put half a tin of wasps through it in 4 years! My old gun was easily the smoothest spring gun i have ever shot.

Dave.

Looks like Lazaglide stud marks to me - only missing the sticker on the slide

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwemail2000/
    Phil

"This used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it". Jack Nicholson from Easy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post

I do hope that was a stab at a bit of humur,these are more desireable than any modern day pcp,and will last longer aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by accused View Post
    That is 99% surely a lazaglide, breech seal looks tired though...
    Chuffed that it could well be a laser I think I will give mr Pope a ring and see how much it would cost for a service. If it is a laser then it will probably be worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by dave blakemore View Post
    Looks like a lazer to me. I would check the power, my old gun went up to nearly 13 ft pounds and i had put half a tin of wasps through it in 4 years! My old gun was easily the smoothest spring gun i have ever shot.
    Been thinking about getting a chrono for a while for FAC stuff, I don't want to get caught with an illegal gun.

Dave.
    Quote Originally Posted by springboy View Post
    I do hope that was a stab at a bit of humur,these are more desireable than any modern day pcp,and will last longer aswell.
    Thats nice to know Maybe I didn't pay over the odds then

Quote Originally Posted by Philip W View Post
    Looks like Lazaglide stud marks to me - only missing the sticker on the slide

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwemail2000/
    Thanks for that Phil, Yep the grease marks look the same, there is also the remains of something that could well have been a sticker on the edge of the slide.