View Poll Results: UBC Competitions - do you take part?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do take part

20 57.14%
  • No, I have no pistol

3 8.57%
  • No, I have nowhere to shoot

3 8.57%
  • No, I am not interested in the competitions

1 2.86%
  • No, for other reasons

8 22.86%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UBC Competitions - do you take part?

Well it's someones fault as if this turns into another competition I'll be even more busier than I already am

However there are other comps being lined up / thought of. Just finding the time to fit them all in.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I CAN'T get involved in any more air guns comps. I'm already shooting Police, 6 yard, Vintage, and the "paid" competition. I try to shoot cartridge guns once a month, if possible. I've already had to pass on 10 meter.

We can only do so much each month.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

My suggestion on the UBC thread was really just for a "have a go" setup at the meet. People can then have a go if they're waiting around for a lane. If people want another monthly paper comp too, then that's a different question. If not then I suppose it could be a 6 yd sideshoot one month.

"six yard sideshoot". Try saying that after a few pints!
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Or try saying that you "shoot six yard side shoot" using a "practical percussion police pistol", after a few pints!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Just voted ''no where to shoot''

I joined the UBC hoping to shoot in doors in the winter and on bad weather days, I was at the time shooting hft in our local winter league and gettig fed up with getting wet and muddy and spending the best part of every month cleaning, stripping down and re oiling the stock on my rifle.

At the time I had space at work and after everyone had gone home for the day I would set up a target and practice maybe once or twice a week, I then entered 2 of the email comps.

Shortly after my business took off and the spare space at work was taken up with computer equipment and it wasn't really advisable to carry on shooting there.

At home I have quite a small garden and I don't want to upset the neighbours shooting at home.

Work is still hectic but I am hoping to make the 3rd meet next weekend, to meet some of the other members and do what I joined for shoot some pistols.
    I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labottomy