Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA rules for small bore shooting comps

NRA rules for small bore shooting comps

Can anyone point me to a link for a copy of the above rules please.
    I have not been able to find a copy of these rules on line so far and I have not found any NRA link to a paper copy!

Mike95

Not sure you'll find any thing about Small-bore rules on the NRA website!

You'll need the NSRA www.nsra.co.uk for those

Alan

Mike,

Whats the query? I am pretty good with this sorta stuff...

Ad

The NSRA shop at Lords Roberts sells the rules booklet. We have a copy at the club.

I'm sure its also on sale online through the above website.

Here you go "ISSF Official Statutes Rules and Regulations 2009 edition £14.50"

Or you can get the NSRA version a bit lower down for £3 (Thats the copy we have....)

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    The NSRA shop at Lords Roberts sells the rules booklet. We have a copy at the club.

I'm sure its also on sale online through the above website.

Here you go "ISSF Official Statutes Rules and Regulations 2009 edition £14.50"

Or you can get the NSRA version a bit lower down for £3 (Thats the copy we have....)
    Be careful, because the NSRA comp rules and ISSF rules are different animals completely.

Yes, NSRA. The only time the NRA deal with .22 is for Gallery Rifle.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Both the NSRA and ISSF Rules are free to download from their respective websites.

Rutty

Here is the link

http://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php?opti...re+downloading.

its the document called. Rules and Regulations 2009.

NSRA rules

Extraordinary....I have previously clicked on the down loads section of the NSRA website without finding this! Thanks for the pointer....now...can anyone tell me what Classes X,A,B,C stand for please?

Mike95

Its to do with your average. I think X also means you've won medals in certain competitions.

It should be in the rules.

Classes of entry?

Not shown in the NSRA rules I have downloaded....seems to be a secret code and I am not too sure if the guy I spoke to from the ######## didn't have a funny handshake!

I have been shooting club comps at 25 yards for 5 years, mostly standing but I rather fancy a crack at 50 yard prone rimfire with my BSA 12/15. My only concern is that once I lay down I will not be able to get back up! If X represents medal winners I imagine that as a first timer at this type of comp I will be within class C.
    I do have a drawful of club medals, but I don't imagine this is relevant?

Mike95

For standing (Light Sporting Rifle)

A is average of 93.33 and above
    B is average of 91 and above
    C is everyone else.

It is much higher for prone as its been going longer and therefore more VERY good people. A is something like 98 average.

I think its national comps that give you X class. From memory LSR doesn't have an X class.

Update - just seen an nsra comp for prone that had Class 'A' 97.5 and over 'B' under 97.5
    'C' under 94.5

I'm at a Surrey small bore assoc meeting tomorrow and will confirm above and ask what is X class.

Classes of entry?

Many thanks to Bullbarrel...all is now clear to me. I must be in class C since I have never shot prone before. Now all I need is some practice with the 12/15.

Mike95

I think there might be a Class D in prone too

Have fun shooting prone, I just can't get on with all that bondage gear. I much prefer LSR plus it directly improves my hunting success

Averages and Classes

The classes are usually detailed on the entry form for the competition. There are no fixed figures to define their number or the dividing lines, it is up to the competition organisers. In some cases the organisers may not specify the qualifying averages at entry in order to deter people from massaging their average to put themsleves in a a particular class (Yes it does happen!). The entry form will only state "To be shot in 5 classes".

The method of calculating the average is also specified on the entry form, usually the best 10 of the last 12 competition cards shot, discarding any abnormally low scores. A common variation occurs when there is a Class X in the rankings. Organisers sometimes insist that shooters of a certain standing, usually national squad members, enter in Class X even though their average might place them in a lower class.

Organisers almost always retain the right to reclassify any competitor at any time. This is an additional safeguard against the "massaged" average. Some individual league competitions get round the average problem by not allocating the divisions until the scores for the first three rounds are available, this does seem to work rather well.

Rutty

Rutty