Thread: Lincoln Ladies Model Research

Lincoln Ladies Model Research

Hi All,

Does anyone have a Lincoln "L The Lincoln" Ladies model in their collection?

I know the early ones had a thinner tapered barrel, compared to the BSA Light Pattern but did the late ones also share this feature, which Dennis Hiller described as being the width of a man's little finger?

Info wanted for a short review in AGW.

Many thanks

John

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi John. I have a second batch (second production run of 1000) Lincoln Jefferies "LIGHT" pattern () in my collection, dating from 1906, which is as described. It is a superb little item, and sits next to a comparable aged "HEAVY" pattern, in the rack, each sporting the same style of pre-pistol grip shot-gun stock synonymous with first and second batch rifles. Hope this helps . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Gareth,
    Many thanks for the prompt reply and yes it does help. I'm really keen to determine if later Lincoln Ladies' also shared the thin barrel before commiting to print. Trouble is they are not all that common and I couldn't see any mention of the different style of barrel in Knibbs' book , only a couple of pictures.

I recently picked up a beauty, which has all the early Lincoln features but it's marked up as a BSA. With a serial no in the 3000 range, it is a bit of an anomaly as BSA didn't start making Light patterns until much later, according to Knibbs.

It's all this hunting around for information that makes collecting so interesting for me or maybe I should just get me coat?

ATB
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    It's all this hunting around for information that makes collecting so interesting ...
    Hi John. Whole-heartedly agree, as I love the historical research almost as much as finding the rifles themselves (do note however that I did say almost though, as nowt beats the feeling of finding that elusive model ). Ha ha. Atvb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Perverts.......

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Perverts.......
    Ahh yes, but consenting ...

edbear2 Guest
    Monsieur Knibbs had a bsa "D" Juvinile in stock just before I left .(4 weeks ago.).....I seem to remember that the price was not so much of a needing to sit down quickly job as some of the others on display..i.e....if I hadn't have made "shorty" for Helen, I may well have been tempted!.......

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Monsieur Knibbs had a bsa "D" Juvinile in stock just before I left .(4 weeks ago.).....I seem to remember that the price was not so much of a needing to sit down quickly job as some of the others on display..i.e....if I hadn't have made "shorty" for Helen, I may well have been tempted!.......
    Hi Eddie,
    Thanks for the response and Monsieur Knibbs has given me a great deal of assistance with my research on the Ladies model. Hope the US is treating you well. When are you back?

Kind regards,
    John