Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Airgunaid

Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    I have a complete set in original binders doncha know
    And my petrol pole saw.

Any more from you, Buster, and I'll email Jana a photo of you and one of my hens being overly friendly, along with instructions on starting the petrol pole saw and its potential uses for Naginata purposes.

Eeeek...

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    And my petrol pole saw.

Any more from you, Buster, and I'll email Jana a photo of you and one of my hens being overly friendly, along with instructions on starting the petrol pole saw and its potential uses for Naginata purposes.
    ...yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It is a shame Airgunaid didn't make more of the completely new guts fitted to the SP5. As far as I remember, it came out and everyone assumed it was 'just' a G80 with a lube job and a .20 barrel fitted. Rod Lynton's article didn't seem to mention the extensive internal work and when we saw the power at 10.5 everyone lost interest. It HAD to be 11.9 in those days for a 'top gun'.

Look forward to the article.
    Thinking about that, I very much doubt that Rod was allowed to strip and examine the SP-5, much less tell the World (including Eddie's competitors) what Eddie had done to the G80, for the same reason as Eddie didn't mention it in the adverts.

So in your opinion could the rifle in question get to near 12fp's
    with some more tinkering??

Quote Originally Posted by richywilk View Post
    Not knowing the bore and stroke, I couldn't say whether it would go that high without compromising accuracy and becoming unpleasant to shoot, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yep I have one. Lived in the same street as the creator of the same (Eddie Barber), was a contemporary with his daughter, remember the shop vividly, and there is a bit about it all in AGW next issue . Photo of my Airgunaid SP-5 .20 cal Hunter (as it was called), and pellets, and an ad attached. Atb: G.
    Gareth's Sp-5. The best kept secret on the bbs since IJ's BSF 65.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

I would say not, as it is quite a light rifle, and the extra recoil an increased power spring would bring would imho, make it too jerky on lock-time, ruin any last vestige of accuracy, and make it generally horrible to shoot. I am also quite happy with it as is, and use it for squizzers at close quarters -- a true practical classic . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post

Gareth's Sp-5. The best kept secret on the bbs since IJ's BSF 65.
    ... Has our I.J. got a BSF Mod.65 then ??? Had no idea ... They are quite rare aren't they ??? ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I would say not, as it is quite a light rifle, and the extra recoil an increased power spring would bring would imho, make it too jerky on lock-time, ruin any last vestige of accuracy, and make it generally horrible to shoot. I am also quite happy with it as is, and use it for squizzers at close quarters -- a true practical classic . Atb: G.
    Now Gareth

As my little bro's Airgunaid tuned G80 in .177" is supposed to be close to 12 FTLBS I would have thought the SP5 would have easily given 12 as it uses a G80 cylinder.

Now a question for all, when Milbro stopped gun production their airgun business was sold to the Spanish and Swiss, with a Brazilian company also showing interest ( AGW Annual 1986).
    Was the G80 range ever produced in one of these countries ?

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

As my little bro's Airgunaid tuned G80 in .177" is supposed to be close to 12 FTLBS I would have thought the SP5 would have easily given 12 as it uses a G80 cylinder.
    Hi Mick. Not so sure that the Airgunaid Milbro G80 special, did in actual fact reach close to the 12ft.lb mark, despite the rhetoric of the adverts (), especially in .177, but yes, if it was possible to get said power out of a G80, it would have just as easily been possible to coax the same from the SP-5. But as stated, this would've been at the detrimental cost of accuracy , and this is from my stance as an Airgunaid and Milbro Diana fan . Atb: G.

Hi Mick. Not so sure that the Airgunaid Milbro G80 special, did in actual fact reach close to the 12ft.lb mark

I will have to get it back and chrono it

It was surprisingly accurate out to 50 Yards for a 1970's springer, the only gun we had that was more accurate was a .177" Setra.

All the best Mick

June 1980's AGW edition...Airgunaid advert...

Diana G 80 tuned £44.

SP5 £49.50 BUT SP5 TUNED £59.50

I thought the SP5 was a tuned rifle????????????

Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    ...yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir
    Do you mean THIS one? Ive no photos of me with chickens. I use this picture as my screen saver. It stops the grand kids touching my computer.

... Has our I.J. got a BSF Mod.65 then ??? Had no idea ... They are quite rare aren't they ??? ...
    NOT according to the owners club. Theres about a dozen of us.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Ive no photos of me with chickens.
    Never mind, Cloggy. Here's a pic of you with your favourite airgun.

joesey.jpg

June 1980's AGW edition...Airgunaid advert...

Diana G 80 tuned £44.

SP5 £49.50 BUT SP5 TUNED £59.50

I thought the SP5 was a tuned rifle????????????
    Hmmm... So did I ??? The SP-5 first came about in late 1979 however, so maybe for the first six months a non tuned version, with maybe early experimental innards, was marketed alongside the successfully tuned item ??? Sadly, with Eddie's passing, we will now never truly know ...