Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Airgunaid

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Ed’s best known custom project, the Vixen, which evolved in conjunction with Norman May, was based around a different rifle however, namely an HW35, and had the aforementioned fire not been so final in stopping Airgunaid’s R&D, I have every confidence that we would have seen a .20 cal HW35 Vixen in time, although the wonderful Original Mod.45 in .20 (an example of which I did once own), would still have been produced, I am sure …
    Ahhh. The Vixen. Now we ARE talking of a fine classic.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Yep I have one. Lived in the same street as the creator of the same (Eddie Barber), was a contemporary with his daughter, remember the shop vividly, and there is a bit about it all in AGW next issue . Photo of my Airgunaid SP-5 .20 cal Hunter (as it was called), and pellets, and an ad attached. Atb: G.
    What did "Minty" (lying in the grass) from Eastenders think of it?
    "Putting a country take on things..."

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by exmoor beast View Post
    What did "Minty" (lying in the grass) from Eastenders think of it?
    ... Uh ??? I notaknowawhatayousaonabouta ??? Never watch the drivel (only speak it ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Yep I have one. Lived in the same street as the creator of the same (Eddie Barber), was a contemporary with his daughter, remember the shop vividly, and there is a bit about it all in AGW next issue . Photo of my Airgunaid SP-5 .20 cal Hunter (as it was called), and pellets, and an ad attached. Atb: G.
    Small world Gareth! I was at school (Meadgate Junior School) with Eddie's son, Freddie I think... Sometimes spoke to him about his dads guns and wento to his shop Airgun Aid a few times too, before it burnt down. Used to shoot a target rifle they made, based on the same rifle but in .177 at the Chelmsford YMCA, they held a shooting club for youths there for a while, my first introduction to 'proper' airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by crosmanman View Post
    Used to shoot a target rifle they made, based on the same rifle but in .177 at the Chelmsford YMCA, they held a shooting club for youths there for a while, my first introduction to 'proper' airguns!
    Was that called the TR-1?

TR2 I think; it came with a barrel weight and a target peep sight, .177 obviously for target work

Quote Originally Posted by crosmanman View Post
    TR2 I think; it came with a barrel weight and a target peep sight, .177 obviously for target work
    Oh well, at least I got the 'TR' bit right, Matt, that's something.

I'd quite like to get one. Just to annoy Gareth.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Oh well, at least I got the 'TR' bit right, Matt, that's something.

I'd quite like to get one. Just to annoy Gareth.
    You don't need to get one, you can probably make one from an old .177 G80, a Mibro peepsight off fleabay and a bit of shrouding.

Have you ever seen the 'Target' version of the BSA Mercury? Biazarre concept (great for bell-target work I am sure with the split-bull potential) and I think about 5 were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Have you ever seen the 'Target' version of the BSA Mercury? Biazarre concept (great for bell-target work I am sure with the split-bull potential) and I think about 5 were made.
    I don't recall ever seeing one, Alistair. Round here it seems some used HW77s for the same split-bull effect.

Eyebrows were raised.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I don't recall ever seeing one, Alistair. Round here it seems some used HW77s for the same split-bull effect.

Eyebrows were raised.
    Unsporting behaviour to be sure! Nothing more powerful than a HW55 or a Webley Mk 3 should be used, elseways the size of the bull is effectively increased by about 20%! I trust no one 'borrowed' your 77 for such a shenannigan?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Was that called the TR-1?
    Was called the TR-2. Basically a tuned G80 .177 but with a plain stock (no butt pad), a fore end muzzle weight positioned 3/4 the way down the barrel from the action, and a rudimentary peep sight.

Actually had two for a while, but I moved them on during my skint period when out of work last year, to buy the kids some new school shoes or something . I managed to keep the SP-5 (among 16 assorted others) from my once grand tally of 68 air guns however, and didn't loose the house or get into debt during that bleak period, so all is well that ends well (as they say ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Was called the TR-2. Basically a tuned G80 .177 but with a plain stock (no butt pad), a fore end muzzle weight positioned 3/4 the way down the barrel from the action, and a rudimentary peep sight.
    Seem to remember it was intended to be sold as a Armed Forces cadet trainer, the market for which BSA had sewn up with its Meteor with the rearsight you could convert to a crude peepsight (just like the SLR lads!). That was a really clever little gimmick and BSA should have kept it on.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 01-10-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: house keeping to high-light the quote correctly.

I trust no one 'borrowed' your 77 for such a shenannigan?
    Not with the 4-10x45mm Pecar scope that was on it at the time, they didn't.

Probably something to do with parallax error.

I think slightly more than that were made. Ive seen a couple. Basically a Mecury with, IIRC no back sight facility on the barrel and an extension on the curved trigger block for a peep sight.
    I think BSA-DEE may have one. I will send him a P.M.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Jim/ Gareth look forward to sp5 article, another on my list to get. How much would such a rarity cost these days ! Gareth if u sell can i have first refussel !