Thread: Le Page

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Le Page

I'm just about to take delivery of a repro Le Page .44 single shot, front end loader. Can anyone suggest a suitable load for it please?

Ta
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Le Page

I shoot a Le Page flint with both smooth and rifled barrels so the load should be fairly similar to the percussion. Using 17 grains of Swiss 1, I've shot 98 in competition with it (10/13) and 95 with all 10 to count (7x10) so I know it's an accurate load.

Le page

I used to use 18grns of TS2 in my percusion Le page but have now swopped to Swiss No1 and find 16grns about right. 435" ball with a .010" patch soaked in melted wonderlube and its not fussy about caps. The only thing iv done to mine is stick a bit of foam to the back of the trigger guard to stop it wearing my finger away. Tim

agree .. about 18 grains is fine in my Pedersoli LePage .. anything above 18 grains just gets blown out of the end still burning anyway and makes a (worse) mess in front of the firing point.
    My wife complains that I've got more sense than money.

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Tim56

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    I used to use 18grns of TS2 in my percusion Le page but have now swopped to Swiss No1 and find 16grns about right. 435" ball with a .010" patch soaked in melted wonderlube and its not fussy about caps. The only thing iv done to mine is stick a bit of foam to the back of the trigger guard to stop it wearing my finger away. Tim
    You have a PM mate.
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch