Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bsa mercury 's' vs fwb sport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    If Ian goes by the name of IJ on here, and unless he's sold it. He owns my old .177 Mercury S, so you may be in luck.
    The above example (WH01266 Mk 1) is indeed still nesting in my bosom - unlike its sister rifle a lovely tiger stripped .22 version which has since been replaced with a Mk 2 version.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    He does go by the monika I.J. indeed.
    Now... how do I get him to agree to sell me his Mercury "S" .177 before he realises what he's doing...?
    I fell for that one time - NEVER again. I was mugged. The buyer threatened to move me to Oswaldtwistle if I didn't sell it him (a .22 Mercury 'S' mk 1 tiger stripped) .

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Believe me when I say that trying to get the Blackburn "ecky thump master" to part with one of his babies is easier than attempting an assault on the north west face of Everest wearing only shorts and a pair of slippers.
    I will speak to Ian and ask him for a try of this particular gun. Its nice to know a guns history prior to shooting I reckon. I am sure I will be impressed by all accounts!
    Andy
    I will do my best Andy to bring it to the club Weds night but its Bell target night and I will be classed as cheating if I didn't bring the Walther 55 and Karyn wants to borrow my Steyr to you lads at HFT.

One point regarding the FWB Sport. In an earlier post I mentioned that a 'Sports auto safety could be made manual. I guess that by removing the front part of the safety slide the piston will not make contact with it and the safety would therefore be manual. Ive never actually done this because though I'm not a lover of safety catches I do try to keep my rifles as standard as possible. Has anyone ever done this modification?

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 30-11-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk