Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: U.B.C "It's A Bullseye Competition" paid Competition

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Shot mine yesterday, will turn in my score today. My computer conked out on Friday and I haven't gotten it going till today.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Finally got to shoot mine today. These were, literally, the first and only 10 shots I have fired since the meet

Good luck to everyone, lets hope the score draw is kind to us all

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Hi all the scores are now in. Thanks Jim for being the adjudicator. I have put a bullseye target with where the segment scores were, in with the results page

The luck was in for a few people & not so for others.

Three shooters managed to hit all segments with there ten shots, however the winner for this round scored with 8 shots. There was also a tie for third so the offical third plac goes to the competitor with the least missed shots.

So Thanks for taking part, what did you guys & gal think of the shoot & now with the results as it stands?

What I can say is the next round the segment score will be in a different order, so it still can go any which way

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Lots of fun, and even more so because even when you initially know how you did, you still don't finally know. Thanks, Paddy.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    It was more of a train wreck than I thought

Oh Well, 1 Wooden Spoon, 2 more to go

I can't see me coming back from this, great fun though, Congrats to all.

Paul
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
    It was more of a train wreck than I thought

Oh Well, 1 Wooden Spoon, 2 more to go

I can't see me coming back from this, great fun though, Congrats to all.

Paul
    Quite the opposite for me , although if we were to "swap scores" in the next round it would change things rather!

At this stage, and with this format of scoring, I will not be placing any bets

And a big thanks to Paddy for organising and Jim for adjudicating

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Well, I must say that was quite a pleasant surprise!

I only managed to score in 6 from 10 but managed to avoid all of the minus zones!

2nd place will do me very nicely, thanks!

Great competition this, I love the element of the unknown!

Thanks guys.

It is quite unique this one. Glad you liked it.

Oh just to let you know now. If you don't enter the next round or the final round it will be classed as 10 missed shots for that round which means you will automatically get -100 points. That way if you are clearly in the lead & don't parcipitate you will lose out in the end.

I'm only asserting that my mind is evil & twisted

My Kindest Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Bullseye

Well that was different!!! at least I didn't get the wooden spoon. So where to aim for the next round well thats the £64000 question isn't it you could go for the same segments but who knows what the scores will be.
    Its so frustrating lol

atb

Bill

ps By the way paddy I used my newly accquired twinmaster top PCP

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill View Post
    Well that was different!!! at least I didn't get the wooden spoon. So where to aim for the next round well thats the £64000 question isn't it you could go for the same segments but who knows what the scores will be.
    Its so frustrating lol

atb

Bill

ps By the way paddy I used my newly accquired twinmaster top PCP
    Well that's it isn't it. You just don't know where to aim. Do you go for the bull next time round hoping it's not the -25 again or it could end up with -50

So I'll leave that to you to contemplate
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Well, I really enjoyed shooting this one. Especially when I'd got to 7 clean hits out of 7, started to get a bit sweaty then, hoping not to spoil the run and a possible good score........

.......well I managed a 'clear round' so to speak but the results clearly show that a couple of missed shots can be no worse than a couple of negative scoring shots. In fact three missed shots = -30, yet I managed -85 with three 'scoring shots' . This really does throw the competition wide open, what fun .

I am well pleased with my score for this round, and it is very encouraging that there were higher scores with fewer scoring shots as I doubt my ability to repeat the clear round again. This really does open up the possibility of one of us lesser shots taking the honours; except Paddy of course who still seems to like languishing near the bottom

I hope I get the chance to eat my words there Paddy, and many many thanks for all the hard work you've put in to this comp, you are a star mate.

Now, roll on the next round
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Well, I really enjoyed shooting this one. Especially when I'd got to 7 clean hits out of 7, started to get a bit sweaty then, hoping not to spoil the run and a possible good score........

.......well I managed a 'clear round' so to speak but the results clearly show that a couple of missed shots can be no worse than a couple of negative scoring shots. In fact three missed shots = -30, yet I managed -85 with three 'scoring shots' . This really does throw the competition wide open, what fun .

I am well pleased with my score for this round, and it is very encouraging that there were higher scores with fewer scoring shots as I doubt my ability to repeat the clear round again. This really does open up the possibility of one of us lesser shots taking the honours; except Paddy of course who still seems to like languishing near the bottom

I hope I get the chance to eat my words there Paddy, and many many thanks for all the hard work you've put in to this comp, you are a star mate.

Now, roll on the next round

Hi Jef.

I let you know when we ran the trail run I came FIRST

However that didn't happen this time round got another two rounds left so anything can happen.

That is why I came up with this format, as it lets any type of shooter in with a chance

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Round 2

The second round has started.

I've shot my target & have had one score in already (I've sent you a reply)

Hope you judge well & good luck.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

If the weather's clear, I'll get outside for it tomorrow.

Jim

I STILL can't get out to shoot!

It's raining again today. They said on the news that we are within .09 inch of this being the rainiest month on record, since they started keeping records at the airport when it opened in 1947.

The heaviest month so far was May 1995. I'll never forget that one: we got about 21 inches of rain in about 22 hours. And it wasn't even predicted to rain!

Jim