Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: U.B.C "It's A Bullseye Competition" paid Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    My scores are in.

I so hope I picked the right ones this time
    I am surprised you bothered, you can't possibly win with only one round to count.

And the Shootist has also lost out, as he won't be able to enter this last round so Paddy will have to enter a forfeit score and that will leave him with -115 total. Shame.

Oh and Jim, any chance you can crank the sight on that Smith all the way over to the left without Jan seeing, she's getting too damned good with that thing.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    I am surprised you bothered, you can't possibly win with only one round to count.

And the Shootist has also lost out, as he won't be able to enter this last round so Paddy will have to enter a forfeit score and that will leave him with -115 total. Shame.

Oh and Jim, any chance you can crank the sight on that Smith all the way over to the left without Jan seeing, she's getting too damned good with that thing.
    Now now Jef.

You all seem to be turning on amongst yourselfs.

However sorry to be a party pooper & even though Paul55 / The Shootist or whoever he will claim to be, has been taking the Mick, I've amended the score sheets
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post

It wouldn't work: she'd shoot just as well if I took the sights off. In fact, she probably wouldn't notice they were off!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    It wouldn't work: she'd shoot just as well if I took the sights off. In fact, she probably wouldn't notice they were off!

Jim
    You know, I had a feeling you were going to say something like that. Ah well it was worth a try.
    Jef

Scores

Still waiting for Paddy to say he's shot his so I can put up the scoring diagram.

Who was it said "a nice group of three at the bottom, should get them"? He he he he he

Target Bunny.
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Still waiting for Paddy to say he's shot his so I can put up the scoring diagram.

Who was it said "a nice group of three at the bottom, should get them"? He he he he he

Target Bunny.
    Shot my target & sent it to Jim.

So now I've got the scoring criteria. This is what I can say about the final round.

7 people have submited there scores, leaving 4 players to submit theres.

This means

If one player enters the highest score possible, that person will be the winner, knocking out the person who is in the lead now.

& if the other three players submit highest scores possible, they could get the second & third spots.

So the tension mounts, who will be the winner? It is still anyones & I mean anyones

You may have shot great in the previous two rounds only to let your judgement down on the third round , or shot badly in the previous round & get maximum points in the last round & steal the show . Or finally you could just well be a completely lucky git & shoot excellent all three rounds

The results will be in as either everyone has submitted the scores or at the end of the deadline.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

The Results Are in for the Third & Final Rd

Hi All

Welldone to everyone who took part in this competition. I honestly say it was 'different' to any other competition that's been done before.

Hope you all enjoyed it.

I have put all the three rounds & Leader board on the webpage in that order, so you can see your progress. Thanks to Jim for doing the segment score, thus letting me partcipitate in it.

So Congratulations to the winner, lets have your thoughts & comments.

Regards
    Paddy.

p.s Jim has come up with a card shooting game that I will put up for another paid shooting competition, based on the same principle of your own judgement rather than skill
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I would like to say, it took a great deal of skill to walk away with 1st place.

But i can't

Thank you to everyone who took part, and Thanks to Paddy and Jim for organising it.

It was FUN and definatlely different.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Congrats to cookie, well done mate

Many thanks to Paddy & Jim for organising what has to have been the most bizarre competition I have ever been involved with

On a personal note, I'm very please to have the Bronze award for round 3. That 95 cancelled my opening bid of -95

Like I said, Bizarre
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Talking

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came 1st in the 3rd round
    How the hell did that happen???
    Well shocked I can tell you as the previous rounds were up to my usual standard So no wooden spoon Im not happy about that
    Well done to the winner and thankes to Paddy and Target bunny for the comp, can't wait to see what they come up with next

atb

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    You may have shot great in the previous two rounds only to let your judgement down on the third round
    Regards
    Paddy.
    I don't know about judgement, my strategy all the way through was to aim at a sector, check where I'd actually hit, and avoid that one again like the plague.
    I tell you, it got a bit sweaty as the clear areas started to shrink. Fortunately I didn't once hit a sector I had already scored in, but I did manage to hit six sectors with three pellets thus removing three scoring chances. And it turns out I needed those three scores, had they been positive.
    Oh well, I came fourth overall which pleases me
    and I got a bronze for the first round which pleases me even more.

I wonder what the next competition will be.
    Jef

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Congratulations to the prize winners

Sorry that I missed the final round - and sorry that I only just paid my entry fee today

(I really must try harder in future )

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "

Wahey! 2nd O/A!

Congratulations to Cookie for the win and everyone else too.

This was an excellent comp - well done Paddy and thanks for hosting it, I've enjoyed it thoroughly.

Perhaps it could be an annual event....?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    p.s Jim has come up with a card shooting game that I will put up for another paid shooting competition, based on the same principle of your own judgement rather than skill
    I don't entirely agree with you there, Paddy. Cookie took top honors, and who's a better pistol shooter than Cookie?

I think the fun of this particular competition is that it incorporates both skill, and luck.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I don't entirely agree with you there, Paddy. Cookie took top honors, and who's a better pistol shooter than Cookie? Jim
    Umm, Jan on one of her good days
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it