Thread: Sheridan Blue Streak...Age ? Value ?

Arrow Sheridan Blue Streak...Age ? Value ?

Got one of these this Morning Very good condition. I dont know if I will
    keep it yet. If I decide to sell it I will post some pictures and start a new thread. Can any of you geniuses tell me how old????Ser.No is 502796 rough valuation ?
    Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by banjodag View Post
    Got one of these this Morning Very good condition. I dont know if I will
    keep it yet. If I decide to sell it I will post some pictures and start a new thread. Can any of you geniuses tell me how old????Ser.No is 502796 rough valuation ?
    Thanks
    Mark
    Have a look here Mark

www.crosman.com/airguns/service/dates-benjamin

Unfortunately your serial number isn't listed so your Bluestreak could be a modern Crosman built one.

If it is it was made in May 2002.

All the best Mick

Thanks Mick. looks like I have quoted a part No.The bloke I bought it from said he had owned it for about 30 years and he had bought it secondhand.
    Further investigation I think.
    Cheers
    Mark

Hi Mark

Post some pics, it will give people a better idea on condition. Is it fitted with a peep sight or the standard rear sight? If it has a hold down safety it will be an early model. The serial number is located on the left hand side by the hand guard. Value wise on here they have been advertised between £100 - £150.
    HTH

Thanks Chaps. It does not have a peepsight and I assume the existing pressed steel sight is original, The safety is a kind of rocker arrangement that passes through the trigger assembly and has 2 tabs to the rear of the bolt, "F" to the left and "S" to the right when viewed from above. I only bought it through nostalgia, going back 45 or so years I had a crappy tinplate Daisy, then Grant Thompson who lived at the bottom of our terrace in Bristol was given a Webley Mk 3 for his 12th birthday...jealousy or what...it went right through a "Daisy" processed peas tin from 5 yards.. Grant walked tall in the street. The only way to trump him was to refer to the mythical people who owned "Pump guns" from America which could go clean through the top
    rail of a 5 bar gate from 100yds... so I end up having a Sheridan Blue Streak.......Take me back to the ward please nurse.
    ATB
    Mark

The early ones also had the 2 shot facility.One at full and a back up shot of around 9ft1b i think from one charge.

Quote Originally Posted by springboy View Post
    The early ones also had the 2 shot facility.One at full and a back up shot of around 9ft1b i think from one charge.

Early Bluestreaks gave 18 to 20 ftlbs prior to the 1968 Firearms act.

When they were next imported they were as you say altered to give two shots at sub 12 ftlbs per pumping.
    Some were also altered so that some of the air was dumped out the back of the valve when you fired so you only had one shot at 12ftlb per pumping.

All the best Mick

Thanks for all the help fellas. I have just taken the action out of the stock
    and the ID is "C" series and another No. 53403 . Cant Identify it from Micks
    post above. It is missing an elevation screw from the steel rearsight, Chambers out of stock,anywhere else?
    ATB
    Mark
    Last edited by banjodag; 05-10-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banjodag View Post
    Thanks for all the help fellas. I have just taken the action out of the stock
    and the ID is "C" series and another No. 53403 . Cant Identify it from Micks
    post above. It is missing an elevation screw from the steel rearsight, Chambers out of stock,anywhere else?
    ATB
    Mark

Hi Mark

That's more like it, your gun is from 1973 according to the table.

Sheridan production for 1973 shows 25651 to 60550.

You could try John Knibbs Countrystore for the elevation screw 01675481006.

Or you could get a Williams 5D SH peepsight from Crosman as it is still shown as available.

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/acces...ptics/sight/64

All the best Mick

Thanks Mick . Good man.