Thread: Webley mk 3 and Mavic

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

Webley mk 3 and Mavic

I have a webley mk 3 in .22 . Mine is putting out 8 ft lbs is that good? Also I have a Mavic full size air rifle in 177 putting out 10 ft lbs does any one here know anything about these as I have been unable to find any info on it.
    Thanks all
    Alan

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The Webley Mk 3 (underlever) in .22 should make between 9 and 10 ft/lbs so yours sounds a little down on the power. Lube job and new spring probably bring it back up to power. The Webley Hawk Mk 3 (break-barrel) made about 9 ft/lbs as well.

Not heard of a Mavic before, what is it?

the only mavic i've heard of are a french company who manufacture cycle wheels.

maybe in the past they made guns.

Could be a long shot but is it a Norica Marvic?

Ulverston MARVIC

Ulverston, yes you clever rascal, a Marvic, my fault, must have been that last brandy lol
    Alan

Webley /mk 3

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The Webley Mk 3 (underlever) in .22 should make between 9 and 10 ft/lbs so yours sounds a little down on the power. Lube job and new spring probably bring it back up to power. The Webley Hawk Mk 3 (break-barrel) made about 9 ft/lbs as well.

Not heard of a Mavic before, what is it?
    Thanks for that I will get it sorted now.

Mavic Marvic

Quote Originally Posted by shangers View Post
    the only mavic i've heard of are a french company who manufacture cycle wheels.

maybe in the past they made guns.
    I googled for Mavic and all I found was cycle wheels. Now I know why.

The Marvic gold is a very desirable rifle! Is it the gold? If it is it has an almost shotgun appearance...most men have pin ups with women on them...real men have a pin up of the Marvic Gold....

Marvic Gold

Yes it is the Marvic Gold and it is a really nice looking gun and it shoots very well indeed. Very accurate and although chrono,d at 10 foot pounds it seems more, very good range on her and accurate. Off hand at 30 metres I am hitting a target no more than 2 or 3 inches and I am not the steadiest of shots. It must be capable of a lot more. Where would I get spares for this if I needed them?

At a guess Highland Outdoors as its Norica...let me know if you are selling it or are going to put it up for sale. They usually have a dark wood finish...drooling now...