Thread: Wrong calibre dammit !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world

Wrong calibre dammit !

Most likely my fault, but still annoying. Got a .45 variation on my FAC. Saw a nice muzzle-stuufer online marked up as .44/.45 & had it sent to my RFD. It turns out to be .44 & my RFD says "No can do". Grrrrr. Silly me.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

bummer! Didn't you put .44/.45 on your variation request?

The annoying bit is - they will most likely shoot the same ball anyway - thats the 'stupid' bit I can't seem to get thriugh to the Licensing guys !

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Thought I put .44/.45 on the variation, but the permission on my slot does say .45. So either I messed up, or they did. Time for another variation dammit.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Licensing guys might well do a '1 for 1' which should cost you nothing except a bit of time .. you're not looking to increase the amount of guns you have, or even change type/mechanism of firearm. I had a similar concern when I bought my Ruger Old Army, but it was an early one stamped .44 so no problem in my case as I had a slot for .44
    My wife complains that I've got more sense than money.

dave

Just out of interest what was the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Roodles View Post
    Under Herts Police I changed a .22rf to a .38/.357 '1 for 1' with no charge, so, I assume you will be ok.

-Roodles
    fully agree. Dorset are as good as this .. I did similar change but the other way round .. .38/357 to .17hmr with a mod including change of use for pest rather than target. No charge. If it's a fair reason they tend to be fair.
    My wife complains that I've got more sense than money.