Thread: Milbro Diana G79 - Refurb complete

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual

Milbro Diana G79 - Refurb complete

Hello

I have now (more or less) finished the refurb project I was doing on a 1976 .22 Milbro Diana Series 70 Model 79.

When I got the rifle (off this forum) it was, at least externally, in a bit of a state. Stock was knocked, scratched and the horrible varnish was peeling in places. The blueing on the action was slightly pitted in places and generally crap all over. Its previous owner had given it new PTFE seals and a new spring.

For the refurb it was completely broken down into its component parts, thoroughly degreased and what was left of the blueing taken off with Birchwood Casey. I decided to keep the metal work silver rather than reblue, just for a change I polished the metalwork with Autosol on the dremel and it now gleams lovely.

As the metal work was going to be silver I decided on a dark colour for the stock. After Nitromors took the remaining crap varnish off I stained it with Colron Jacobean Dark Oakand finished it with Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil. The small badge from the stock was missing so I ground down a 5p into a blank silver disc and it popped right into place.

I chronoed it at 6.5ft/lb before I got stuck in. The seals, being relatively new, I left in place. I did put a replacement spring in (No. 2 Ox spring - Uncut) so will need chronoing asap.

Anyway, stuck it all back together yesterday. Cocks and shoots fine, good solid thump and its soooo quiet! no twang at all. It now has an AGS 4x32 Mildot scope on top and a push on Logun silencer on the end (it was quiet anyway but using the silencer it really is whisper quiet and I like how it looks ).

Piccies will follow as soon as I can put them up, as will the chrono results!
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Nice one matey, can't wait to see the pics . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Nice job matey! Looks a world of difference to when i last seen it!

Keep up the good work PAUL

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    That is a job well jobbed mate. My brother in law still uses a G79 to this day to down woodies off his veg patch to great effect. You've done a nice refurb there mate, well done. As for the drink ??? My glass is raised to you friend, as I'm sampling a rather fine, and rather large, single malt at the moment myself . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for posting nice job

Cheers chaps, chrono it tonight hopefully

now, what to work on next.....

well done mate i have fond memories of one of these guns ,as it was giving to me many yearsago ,you have done a good job of it

Hello

Have just managed to get this over the chrono down the club, first time since its refurb.

9.9ftlb with RWS Super H-Point, which it seems to love.

Happy with that

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

nice job ,good to see another classic reborn.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,