Hello

I have now (more or less) finished the refurb project I was doing on a 1976 .22 Milbro Diana Series 70 Model 79.

When I got the rifle (off this forum) it was, at least externally, in a bit of a state. Stock was knocked, scratched and the horrible varnish was peeling in places. The blueing on the action was slightly pitted in places and generally crap all over. Its previous owner had given it new PTFE seals and a new spring.

For the refurb it was completely broken down into its component parts, thoroughly degreased and what was left of the blueing taken off with Birchwood Casey. I decided to keep the metal work silver rather than reblue, just for a change I polished the metalwork with Autosol on the dremel and it now gleams lovely.

As the metal work was going to be silver I decided on a dark colour for the stock. After Nitromors took the remaining crap varnish off I stained it with Colron Jacobean Dark Oakand finished it with Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil. The small badge from the stock was missing so I ground down a 5p into a blank silver disc and it popped right into place.

I chronoed it at 6.5ft/lb before I got stuck in. The seals, being relatively new, I left in place. I did put a replacement spring in (No. 2 Ox spring - Uncut) so will need chronoing asap.

Anyway, stuck it all back together yesterday. Cocks and shoots fine, good solid thump and its soooo quiet! no twang at all. It now has an AGS 4x32 Mildot scope on top and a push on Logun silencer on the end (it was quiet anyway but using the silencer it really is whisper quiet and I like how it looks ).

Piccies will follow as soon as I can put them up, as will the chrono results!