Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Original 45 is better than the Omega

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Who really cares they are both old Come to the 21st century guys........ We have cake and everything
    ... Then why do you still shoot a Falcon ??? Besides, ain't it past your bed time . Ha ha ... Now run along sonny : G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Who really cares they are both old Come to the 21st century guys........ We have cake and everything
    so is carol vorderman but some people think she is FIT
    Last edited by mallyally; 07-10-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: speiling

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Then why do you still shoot a Falcon ??? Besides, ain't it past your bed time . Ha ha ... Now run along sonny : G.

The falcon is my lamping kit
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 07-10-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: oops ... hit wrong button.
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

The falcon is my lamping kit
    ... are you allowed to stay up that late then ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    As Gareth is worried that the PS doesn't fit and we seem to be going down the best break barrel rifle avenue, then I'll throw the Pro-Elite or even HW80 into the mix. I consider both to be too much gun at sub 12 ft.lb but both are better than any of the rifles mentioned so far, mainly due to a superior trigger. However, they probably aren't old enough for most in this section. To get out of the overgunned feeling of the PE and 80 then the HW98 needs to be considered.
    As far as the original question of 45 Vs Omega, who really cares? Neither are as good as the FWB or the HW35.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    As far as the original question of 45 Vs Omega, who really cares? Neither are as good as the FWB or the HW35.
    Both designs 20 years older than the 45 and 30-plus years older than the Omega! DUH! What where they thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    Says it all really.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

my little bit

Just by saying the hw or sport are better then a 45 does not work first thing the workmanship of 45 is far superior, that plank of wood was designed to take the recoil and put it into the stock you don’t see many with broken stocks big and chunky it fits in to the shoulder nicely. The forearm of the stock is nice and deep, a big solid pistol grip not designed for women or children that’s why its doesn’t split. All the metal parts run easily no nasty noises or scraping or wear, first-class blueing because of the quality of the metal. The barrel even by today’s standards its top notch, crisp riffling and a first-class choke, whatever you do don’t shorten the barrel it will be a sin.

As for the Omega it was made to look German but fell well short, looks pretty in a rack but not a work horse.

White Ferret

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    I've always preferred accuracy over out and out workmanship. The HW35 may look like a railway sleeper but they certainly shoot well. The 45 might well be made better but its biggest let down is a relatively poor trigger. It doesn't even come close to the Rekord. If workmanship really was the be all and end all then I suspect that Webley would never have gone bust and would be still producing MKIIIs.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Talking Bae biased or anything me

Get a nicely tuned Tomahawk or Longbow,shoot as good as any and they are prettier than them all.

Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    Get a nicely tuned Tomahawk or Longbow,shoot as good as any and they are prettier than them all.
    your not wrong there dave best NEW guns of the lot
    but what they do lack IMO is the character of the old uns / come back in twenty years though
    i have a 177 tommy and love it have also had about eight longbows including a venom one
    still love my FWBs though ( its an addiction )

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up You need to personalise ya Tommy,put ya own stamp on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    your not wrong there dave best NEW guns of the lot
    but what they do lack IMO is the character of the old uns / come back in twenty years though
    i have a 177 tommy and love it have also had about eight longbows including a venom one
    still love my FWBs though ( its an addiction )
    You have taste Mr Ally mate.

my last bit

I have owned my 45 hw 35 Anschutz 335 all in 177 for over 20 years the only way a hw 35 will out shoot the 45 if u re barrel it and tighten the breach up fact my favoured hunting rifle is my hw 35 deluxe from the 1960s no safety catch when the mighty hw 77 came out the first thing they did the custom shops was to re barrel it as for the webley longbow dint they fit it with a German barrel wealther I think then you have to pay 100 pound for a tune up for the performance of a shot in German rifle as for the 45 no not has good as the hw trigger but their again it is a work gun and a match trigger can work against have you ever been lamping on a cold night black powder worked on mine nice unit but sadly went along time ago thats my bit enderd and finished.

cheers

white ferret

p s i will open another depate then which is the best welbley falcon or relum telly? go on then have a go at that