Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Original 45 is better than the Omega

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars

Exclamation The Original 45 is better than the Omega

Discuss
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Go away you young upstart, before I am forced to shake my fist at you and stamp my foot in anger at your misdemeanour ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Joking to one side however, the Mod.45 is a superb rifle and right up there in my all time top five break-barrels . Right, I'm off ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

omega vs original 45

Hi everyone.This is a no brainer for me.I have owned both these rifles ,and still do.I could never bring myself to sell either one,the original 45 because it's very possibly the best break barrell springer ever made.The wobbly omega because it comes in handy for pokeing the fire with.Which has actually improved the finish on the stock...

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    Hi everyone.This is a no brainer for me.I have owned both these rifles ,and still do.I could never bring myself to sell either one,the original 45 because it's very possibly the best break barrell springer ever made.The wobbly omega because it comes in handy for pokeing the fire with.Which has actually improved the finish on the stock...

Ohh your going to be popular
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

I've had good and bad 45's. When good they are very good and give the HW77 a run for the money. I've only had two Omegas in .22 and both needed a basic tune straight off. Once the right pellet was found they shoot very well and handle better than a 45. 45 like a tar and moly too.

I hate .22, so until I get an Omega in .177 to test against the .177 45 then the trophy stays with my 124 FWB Sports

hi

ive owned both ,to be honest the originals were prone to barrel droop

fwb 124,127 were miles better rifles than the pair off them better to shoot the lot......

and along came the hw35 then for the most popular rabbit gun ever ......

the dodgy trigger hw77 was there at the time,very accurate but if it had a dodgy trigger would chop one of your fingers off.....[i hated them]

the webley tracker was a well earned ratter ,very short

Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    The wobbly omega because it comes in handy for poking the fire with.Which has actually improved the finish on the stock...
    Hmmmm. We're not going to get on, are we ... Ha ha. Am currently conducting a long-term Pepsi Challenge with my Omega and a Longbow, both in .177. Did one before with the larger cal (.22), which the Omega won hands down, but this time ... ??? Will report back (for those who are interested) after Christmas. returning to talk of the Mod.45 for a moment, I loved the two I owned (one in .177 and one in .20), but neither held a light to my .177 Anschutz LG335 . Atb: G.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

ive got the 45 as a back up in the field for my fwb124 so that gives you an idea of my opinion of the 45, big and butch and when maintained and looked after they are a great gun.i dont feel the comparison to the omega is a fair one as they are very different animals[in my opinion]i have had the use of one [omega]but never owned one as i felt it didnt convince me as much as the german offerings,i deliberatly choose my words carefully as the web has a strong following and thats for sound reasons no doubt.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Curse you Carl for starting this thread . After all the in-put on here, I now want another Mod.45 . As Alistair and I intimated earlier this evening therefore, we here in collectors corner are (mostly) beyond hope . Ha ha. Atb: G.

45 and Omega

Well, I have never owned an Omega- but have to confess this is one of the few Webleys I would buy (after owning a trusty and powerful Vulcan since '82). I guess some of the more modern Brummie rifles could tempt me also.
    Now to the '45. I own three of these. An Original in .22, and 2 RWS variants in both of the main calibres. I do have a lot of time for the '45. They are powerful and very accurate. I've heard tell the metal is quite soft in them, but I guess much come down to how you treat your guns- use or abuse.

I do wish the '45 had been made in carbine versions though. Complete with silencer it is a bit unwieldy. I was tempted to have the barrel(s) chopped at one time to improve this, but was talked out of this by many who considered it sacrilege as the muzzles are choked and this would be lost in the process. I even asked around to find someone to shorten from the breech end, but have been told its a b*####*r to do and will affect the bluing- but is possible.

Dave

Last edited by Muskett; 06-10-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: pictures

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Yes, you have proved the point there.

The Feinwerkbau Sport is not only the best springer break-barrel, but the best looking too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The Feinwerkbau Sport is not only the best springer break-barrel, but the best looking too.
    ... Yep, I'll give you best looking .

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Yes, you have proved the point there.

What i have said all along / everything else is second place