Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Original 45 is better than the Omega

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    What i have said all along / everything else is second place
    As has been stated the FWB Sport is the best looker over all, for sure, but my reservations regarding the handle of best b-b spring gun is that although the 127 outstrips all the .22 contenders in it's class without question, imo, the 124 falls behind the LG335, and Mod.45, and yes, the Omega, in .177, and the use of cheap components by FWB in an un necessarily over engineered air rifle (again imo), keeps the Sport range off the top slot ... Right then, I'm off to me dug-out with a battle bowler on . Ha ha. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

rifle

owned a couple of 45s never was that impressed with them front heavy hard to cock accuracy wise ok ive had an omega and was very impressed by it power accuracy trigger lovely rifle sorry i sold it but i still say the feinwekbau sport and the weihrauch 80 are the best break barrels even if thefeinwerkbau is no longer made

Original 45 better than the Omega "gasp, splutter" HERESEY, damn philistine!!!

how can you even compare the smooth sculpted elegance of the Omega with that plank with a bit of bent steel strip for a trigger gaurd and a trigger off a Relum Taurus eh, how??

In my day they would stone heretics , hear me , stone em!

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Who really cares they are both old Come to the 21st century guys........ We have cake and everything
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackel View Post
    Who really cares they are both old Come to the 21st century guys........ We have cake and everything
    Hey, this is the COLLECTOR'S section. Arguments about one 'might-have-been' brilliant air-rifle versus one (still in production) 'worthy effort' are its lifeblood.

It's interesting that of the two oldest and best break barrels, the Feinwerkbau Sport and the HW35 Export, the HW35 is still being made and sold. The Feinwerkbau is mourned and eulogised and praised until it is something of a Collector's Section cliche, while no-one (bar I.J.) says anything much about the Export. I think it is because it is too long for modern tastes, but its a nicer rifle than the HW80, the HW95 and the HW99. And it takes a massiveyellowfannysplash on the Original 45 in terms of quality engineering. A 35 Export could last generations, while a 45 could be worn out by an enthusiast in a few years.

They are old hat; they have a spring in them. The 124 Sport is every bit as good as a 127....so figure.

This: http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...IMG_3967_2.jpg

also has a spring and beats them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Hey, this is the COLLECTOR'S section. Arguments about one 'might-have-been' brilliant air-rifle versus one (still in production) 'worthy effort' are its lifeblood.

It's interesting that of the two oldest and best break barrels, the Feinwerkbau Sport and the HW35 Export, the HW35 is still being made and sold. The Feinwerkbau is mourned and eulogised and praised until it is something of a Collector's Section cliche, while no-one (bar I.J.) says anything much about the Export. I think it is because it is too long for modern tastes, but its a nicer rifle than the HW80, the HW95 and the HW99. And it takes a massiveyellowfannysplash on the Original 45 in terms of quality engineering. A 35 Export could last generations, while a 45 could be worn out by an enthusiast in a few years.
    dont like the 45 myself / had one no more and not mourned
    i have two omegas so i must like them
    in my opinion ( and i have had every model ) the best HW is the 85 certainly not the 80 i like the FWB ( you wouldnt know it though ) and have more of these than anything else
    recently though i am thinking the 85 is close in looks power /weight and handling
    the 35e is a looker though i have had a few of these but i only keep practical
    guns as i have mentioned before /thats why i wouldnt have a prosport as a gift
    good job we are all different or we would all be chasing the same guns /and that would be boring woodnit

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    They are old hat; they have a spring in them. The 124 Sport is every bit as good as a 127....so figure.

This: http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...IMG_3967_2.jpg

also has a spring and beats them all.
    Lovelly. Interesting Parkerised finish on that Park! Is she for sale?

Triggers on them are not all-that but I agree the Park is the finest near-miss at the perfect air-rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    i only keep practical
    guns as i have mentioned before /thats why i wouldnt have a prosport as a gift
    ProSport is the perfect springer fixed-barrel design and will outshoot anything in your armoury!

ProSport is the perfect springer fixed-barrel design and will outshoot anything in your armoury!
    even my ripley
    seriously though i had one and it certainly didnt outshoot my mastersport ( in my hands ) didnt like the balance or sluggish lock time
    but like i said one mans meat

hi

now who brought up the fwb,s fellas they should not be in this topic

1980 Jubilee Model 45 Air Rifle

Now that the subject is Original air-rifles I have a
    ORIGINAL 45 177 cal. 1980 Jubilee Model from new without a box
    Just made the mistake of cocking it and found that I could not de-cock it so I had to fire a pellet into a bag of rags. The effort to cock it was very surprising and I consider myself strong (my wife thinks so) The serial number is 1555.
    The question I would like answered is what is it worth ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Abewilson
    'The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens'
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

rifle

the prosport is a fantastic underlever and if they made it with a lefty stock i would have asap but also i love the original 50 was not a big fan of the bsa stutzen horrible trigger and recoil but has for break barrels the hw35 is a legend being made still to this day proves this how about best pump up rifles i wish i still had my setra and sharp victory that brings back some happy memories were have the years gone

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Alistair. Regarding springers in general, I totally and completely agree with you again, 100%. But this is a b-b thread in essence, and as such, the ProSport (and the Park) are in a different category, and so are not contenders . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Sorry the Park is not for sale, few ever come on the market. I would like another in Walnut also one to regularly shoot. The finish is matt parkarized I think and looks great.

Eventually I got a good 45 in .177. Tarred and molyed it shoots very tight and pretty forgiving. If they shoot ruff then they are all over the place however, due to the weight, not as bad as some. They are in the heavy weight division with HW35/80/77 which is always going to help. I don't mint the weight forwardness and the early triggers are very good. Shame they never had walnut, though I love the cross bolt and general shape; very manly. The push on forsight and pressed trigger guard were always a let down. Stock finish could be iffy too but then they have a good many more parts, trigger, and price competition is obvious. You can see were the money was spent. If only Webley had finished the job with its trigger on the Omega

No mention of the Webley Eclipse boys. Why did they keep this going, MKII, when they could have triggered the Omega?