Thread: Sussex Armoury/Air Arms Side-Lever Action Wanted

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Sussex Armoury/Air Arms Side-Lever Action Wanted

Now Sorted. Thanks For Looking.

Hi. I have got a couple of brand new Jackal stocks with all the gubbins etc, in my hoard, from the mid 1980s S.A. liquidation sale, and am after an action or two to build up a rifle or two. Anyone got anything ???. If yes please p-m me. Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 09-10-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: no sorted, thanks for looking.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Or following on from a thread currently running in this collectors bit, would swap both the above for a vgc Original Mod.45 in .20 .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I have an AR7 special mounted in in a Diana G80 stock if you are interested, its a very pokey little carbine in fairly good condition runs at about 11.6 much better looking than the old woodsman!
    Might swap for the Original

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post

I have an AR7 special mounted in in a Diana G80 stock if you are interested, its a very pokey little carbine in fairly good condition runs at about 11.6 much better looking than the old woodsman!
    Might swap for the Original
    Hi keith, am either after an action to buy or swap both stocks as detailed for an Original ... Please p-m me yor price for the AR7 .

Atb: G.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Look, I get read the Riot Act when I suggest putting a FWB Sport action in a BSA stock, (which I AM going to do btw) while putting a Jackal in a G80 stock is somehow OK? smiles all round is it?

Hypocrits! Clunky Southern English engineering on a bed of Scottish beech, I mean yeauch!

Oh, and what are the dimensions of the Jackal cylinder etc? Just I have a Hammerli 402 (the design they copied for the Jackal) and it MIGHT fit the plasticware, though I think it is a bit Kate Moss compared to the well-upholstered Jackals.

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Hypocrite? I assure you i did not do the dreadful deed of mating the AR7 to the haggis muncher stock, it was done by some bloke who lives oop north!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Look, I get read the Riot Act when I suggest putting a FWB Sport action in a BSA stock, (which I AM going to do btw) while putting a Jackal in a G80 stock is somehow OK? smiles all round is it?

Hypocrits! Clunky Southern English engineering on a bed of Scottish beech, I mean yeauch!

Oh, and what are the dimensions of the Jackal cylinder etc? Just I have a Hammerli 402 (the design they copied for the Jackal) and it MIGHT fit the plasticware, though I think it is a bit Kate Moss compared to the well-upholstered Jackals.
    Alistair, once again you have made me belly laugh out loud . That sounds interesting. Will ask the Jackal oracle (aka Pad.E) to measure one for me, as this could be an interesting Frankenstein in the planning ...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    Hypocrite? I assure you i did not do the dreadful deed of mating the AR7 to the haggis muncher stock, it was done by some bloke who lives oop north!
    Actually, there was an article about a million years ago in AGW about a 'takedown' Sharps Innova. That had a modified G80 stock too. Perhaps they were just easy to get hold of (cheap) in the 1980s?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Actually, there was an article about a million years ago in AGW about a 'takedown' Sharps Innova. That had a modified G80 stock too. Perhaps they were just easy to get hold of (cheap) in the 1980s?
    ... Actually, not only did early Airgunaids also use G80 stocks, but so did early Daystates (duly modified, of course ). Atb: G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Actually, not only did early Airgunaids also use G80 stocks, but so did early Daystates (duly modified, of course ). Atb: G.
    Aye, tis when Daystate still made a pump-up rifle as well, hand-made to order ... Bet no-one ever put a G80 stock on an Original Diana though ???

Alistair, once again you have made me belly laugh out loud . That sounds interesting. Will ask the Jackal oracle (aka Pad.E) to measure one for me, as this could be an interesting Frankenstein in the planning ...
    Hi Gareth.

I will try & do some measuring this afternoon & then post reply for you.

I thinkthe Hammerli 402 should fit without to much trouble, as Alistair said this is the forerunner of the Jackals

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

bump....

bump....
    Ditto..

Now sorted thanks to the posters above . Thanks for looking. Alistair and Keith, yhpm . Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 09-10-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: house keeping.