Thread: BSF Mod 55 information please.

BSF Mod 55 information please.

Hello, one of my sons friends has just acquired a nice looking model 55 in .177.
    Its shooting at 10.25 ft lbs, the cylinder blueing is in very good condition as are the sights, the barrel is about 80% with a small amount of roughness which should clean up ok.

The stock is plain beech but in very good condition.
    the only faults I can find are a small V shaped chip missing from the top of the butplate and there seems to be a small spring missing from the trigger adjustment screw which lets the trigger hang a bit slackly instead of returning under pressure, maybe its the 1st pressure adjuster?

Any information about this nice gun would be welcome, strip down guides, spares, and value. I have a couple of photos not very good I'm afraid but should give some idea of the condition..

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/image/118056938

http://www.pbase.com/davecthomson/image/118056952

Thanks for looking...Dave...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I.J. can give you the lowdown on stripping them - essential to use spring compressor and also you have to remove the scope ramp to strip the internals.

Mine had that little spring missing, you can make one from a decent quality safety pin once you see what shape it is supposed to be.

They will do 12 ft/lbs easily. Maccari does springs for them, but they need preload on them.

Excellent rifles, a tad crude compared to the Weihrauchs and Feinwerkbaus of the time, but as tough and usable as a T34 tank.

Dave & Ivan (Venom) used to tune these Bavarian beauties up in their early days... really nice airguns...but you need to "cradle" them..rather than pull them into the shoulder....taken over by Weihrauch in the 80's (I think?)....well made & worth having at least one in your collection....

The 55 was an excellent carbine sized airgun with which I accounted for many a bunny...in the 80's...

i know i have asked before BUT

anyone know where there is one of these for sale to go with my S70
    not trying to turn this into a sale thread gareth
    just enquiring as its a BSF 55 thread
    if anyone knows where there is a decent one for sale then please PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I.J. can give you the lowdown on stripping them - essential to use spring compressor and also you have to remove the scope ramp to strip the internals.
    Thats basically it! To make a replacement trigger spring THIS may be useful.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hi, thanks for the replies, the spring information is very useful, the owner is a handy lad he should be able to sort that out without too much trouble.

The final question is can anyone give him a rough idea of its worth ?

Thanks for looking..Dave...

Value Please ?

Hi,
    I found some more information about this gun here :

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2008/...5n-part-3.html

There is a link there to parts 1 and 2, interesting stuff..

My wild guess at its value is £ 140-150 how far out am I?

Dave...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    Hi,
    I found some more information about this gun here :

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2008/...5n-part-3.html

There is a link there to parts 1 and 2, interesting stuff..

My wild guess at its value is £ 140-150 how far out am I?

Dave...
    Yes I paid £150 for one which was not in as good condition as your friends. There are few about, they are quality, and they are desirable!