Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley hawk mk 3 vs diana g80

Talking

"Kind offer Dad, but can I chip in the £16.45 I've saved from my paper round, plus borrow on my next two birthday presents, and get a FWB Sport instead?"
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

i would have to say G80 , but thats because my brother had one and we had lots of fun with it plinking,, and looking at the ads in airgun world from airgunaid and thinking that somehow we could turn the low powered gun into some sort of cannon , i had a mercury in 1979 and that was way more powerfull, then in 1981 bought a a proper 80 ,,,,, a hw80, never looked back since
    atb
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

I WAS that youngster Although I swapped an old Sinclair Spectrum for a Hawk Mk 3 from a second hand emporium (read junkshop) in the back streets of Chester, circa 1982.
    It was S.H.I.T

Live, yes. Learn? Maybe
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I'm ever so glad all the disparaging remarks are being directed at the MkIII and not the MkII, coz that'd be faightin' talk!
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

dunno whats wrong with the hawk mk111??? the one I had was reliable and reasonably accurate with Eley Wasps, ok it wasn't a full 12ft/lbs (more like 9.5) but it was good enough to knock squiggles out of trees at 25yds!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I'm ever so glad all the disparaging remarks are being directed at the MkIII and not the MkII, coz that'd be faightin' talk!
    Agreed. The Hawk MkII was wonderful, and fun . I have had several with both barrels, and although 8.5ft.lb was the norm, the fun factor of being able to switch from .177 to .22 in moments, more than made/makes up for this retarded power level, and imo, renders the Hawk MkII the perfect 15 to 20 yard back garden plinker . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.