Thread: Airsporters

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual

Airsporters

The BSA Airsporter.....

I get that its a perfectly nice gun and that lots of people really like them but.... I dont seem to be able to 'get into' mine. I've had it for a year, shot it quite a bit at first, took some maggies etc but still...

I just dont have an affection for it, simple as that. I guess that why I want rid - http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403818

Other people must have had rifles they just couldnt 'feel'? (very hippy I know)

Is it just me being picky?!
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    There is something a bit 'hmmmm' about them. I have just bought my third, an Airsporter-S, and it seems quite nice. It is very well made and has a lovely walnut stock and proper metal open sights. It's got a special Zephyr piston head on it too, just need to go and test it on the range with different pellets.

I had a rough Airsporter Mk 2, overhauled it and couldn't get on with the trigger. Then I had a pristine RB2 Stutzen, which had a decent trigger but I just didn't like the feel of it on discharge, felt like it was really an FAC gun and with the standard spring it felt very 'boingy and soggy'. Sold them both.

I remember asking Dave Welham of Airmasters about the Airsporter once and he just said 'horrible guns, can't do a thing with them', while John Bowkett seemed to make some which shot very well and with little recoil.

Another 'Marmite' gun perhaps?

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

Could be right there. There is nothing 'bad' about it per se, its a perfectly good design and has its fans, I just prefer break barrels I think.
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I too had a MKII, which I felt I should have liked, but didn't. I sold it and never regretted it. As standard they were very "vanilla", but the "S" version was deffinately "Rum 'n' Raisin wi Chock Chips"!
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

I had a mk2,didnt like it at all always seemed under power even after a new spring+works swopped it for a vulcan(proper gun)
    Hw100kt;ftp900,aa tx,Hw40..Cosford/Kibby/Misfits