Thread: Vintage piston seals and bits

Vintage piston seals and bits

Continuing my clear out, sometime last year whilst under the influence I purchased a job lot of airgun washers, seals and other parts which I am trying to identify, sooooooo, can anyone help? The original idea was to be a good Samaritan but now the idea is to offer them on this site for those doing vintage gun repairs. (There was only one Webley pistol breach seal and I am keeping that). The pile of leather breach washers I have I will probably bag up as a job lot but these seem specific and itentifiable.
    Pictures here

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...onseals_01.jpg
    http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...onseals_02.jpg

Picture 2, top right are metal top hat inserts with an internal thread, other metal components are pretty obvious.

All suggestions welcome as they all seem vintage and may help someone's project. If you are looking for something specific please send me a pic/dimensions and I will see if I can match it.

lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

edbear2 Guest
    Hiya........the three piece jobbies top left in the first piccy look like late type (1920's/30's) BSA standard ones.....if so, should be 28.4mm ish in diameter......I am only guessing this on having a couple of these guns with very similar units.......I also have one where there are two shallow holes drilled instead of a slot in the metal part.......Maybe way off the mark, but without knowing the size and threadform It's my best guess!

Bottom centre could be for a HW77/97 but note that there are two sizes: 25mm diameter for older rifles and 26mm for newer ones.
    I do not guarantee this identification though ... I am going by colour and the general appearance of the seal face. A back view could confirm.
    Cheers, Phil

Pic 1 bottom left:Meteor piston head buffer
    Pic 1 bottom right: Meteor breech seal (?)
    Pic 2 top left: Meteor piston seal retaining pin & washer

This is best guess by the way....
    HTH, Paul.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

seals

Plastic jobby looks like the adapter for fitting an "o" ring to an early conical head airsporter. The black things on the bottom right of pic 1 look like ASI but I wouldnt swear to it. PIC 2 looks like two early meteor piston heads on top left, 2 bsa breech seal washers on bottom right and bottom centre looks like ASI pison buffer washers ( I think they are a very hard plastic)
    Last edited by ggggr; 09-10-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Looked at 2nd pic---DOH!

Great guys, keep the info coming and when I get enough I will post a list of what I havw. The first pic centre orangey thing I am pretty certain is Wierach, bought two I seem to remember, one for my HW35E and another for a mates 35, mine got fitted so I recon that is the other, fits the 77 as well I believe(?).
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .