Thread: asi sniper power

asi sniper power

hi there , a wee while ago i was given an old sniper which was in a very poor state , the stock was split in 2 at the pistol grip and it wouldn't fire a pellet , so i sorted the stock and gave it a refinish with stain and danish oil , i ordered a new spring from chambers , they were out of the piston washer and breech seal so i fitted the spring anyway and it was doing about 3 1/2 ft lb . i checked chambers yesterday and they had the piston washer and seal in so i ordered them up and i'm waiting on the arrival of the parts . so to my question , what kind of power will this rifle put out oh and another thing what are they worth ? thanks
    Alan
    AA S200 ginb stock 177/ hw77 refinished stock 22
    hw 80k refinished stock 22/ webley tempest 22

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Small compression tube on these rifles limits the power, expect 7-8 ft/lbs in .177 and 8-9 ft/lbs in .22.

Very long mainspring in this rifle. Sweet shooting little gun, suitable for training or plinking. In the 1970s some people hunted with them, but probably only really suitable for short-range ratting. Very successful design, was in production for decades - maybe still is?

i meant to say it's in 22 flavour , still not to bad for the size of it i'll be keeping this with the open sights for some plinking and it should be good for a spot of ratting as well , cheers hsing=ee
    Alan

rifle

nice little starter gun very accurate with open sights if my memory serves me right nice lttle trigger to saw one of these a little while back in very nice condition fo £45 they are not made anymore but gammo do make some excellent value for money air rifles i did like the stutzen they made atb boss

I owned one for 30 year's knew inside out mine at it's best did 9.5fp's
    it was great for short range work.
    Richard

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I remember these in my mam's catalogue. They were supplied with a 4x20 scope (4x15 maybe), targets and a target holder named as the ASI Rangemaster.
    My mate had one and it was just a bit less powerful than my Webley Hawk. Our scientific test involved firing the rifle at a garage door on the other side of his paddock and comparing the time of flight.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

thanks for the info and thoughts guys the parts arrived this morning so the piston washer is soaking in oil just now , i'll let you know the results , cheers
    Alan

well replaced the piston washer and breech seal a wee while ago , went out to the garden and for the first 20 shots or so there was a wee bit of dieseling but it's cleared now and the gun is shooting very sweetly , i'll get some more pellets through it tomorow and chrono it but as it is it feels a good bit more powerful which is nice , looking forward to having some fun with this as it's a good bit lighter than my hw80 cheers
    Alan

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Let us know the chrono results. 7-9 ftlbs? At a guess, of course.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

will do harry mac , the way the sniper was shooting earlier on i think it might be a keeper , for open sight plinking and maybe some ratting , looking forward to the chrono results myself cheers
    Alan