View Poll Results: Which is the worst springer in Collector Land?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Webley Hawk Mk 3 - 70s throwaway from Brum

4 5.26%
  • The Relum Tornado - Hungarian Swamp Donkey from the Reds

9 11.84%
  • Chinese B2 - Born to be thrown straight in the recycling bin?

62 81.58%
  • Brema 35 - the Shame of Italy

1 1.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst springer

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post

yup why not and i will be the man who starts the b2 forum, i feel certain it will
    be very exclusive with a limited yet dedicated membership.
    Got disturbing news for you, there is (sort of), one already up and running, which bills itself as the Chinese Air Gun Forum.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

just when you think of something no one else would be capable of , you discover someones already there ,are there no limits to which people can sink to!.ps im off to check it out ,i may be gone sometime.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

having owned the relum Taurus break action I can say that they are indeed the worst rifle ever, you think the tornado is bad maaaaaaaan you aint seen nothing untill you fired the taurus, three inch groupd (vertically) at 25 yards is the norm, a trigger made of tinfoil and a barrel latch that takes two adults to close!!
    thats a bad bad bad rifle!

now the Webley Omega, thats a different matter, not only is it egronoimically superb, its breech is first class the accuracy excellent ooooooooooooh!

hurmph I came over all funny then!

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post

having owned the relum Taurus break action I can say that they are indeed the worst rifle ever ... now the Webley Omega, thats a different matter, not only is it egronoimically superb, its breech is first class the accuracy excellent ooooooooooooh!

hurmph I came over all funny then!
    Ha ha ha . Yep, the Omega has the same effect on me, mind you, sublime excellence always does. Also, the more I familiarise myself with it, the more I believe the Webley Longbow (once tuned, not before), follows suit, too . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    The B2 all the way and every day. Horrible things that make Relum Tornados seem like Venom tuned HW77s in comparison.
    So do you think this reviewer is being mischievous?

"its a luverly gun it tiss. i had mine tuned by venom while on holiday in disney land...

WOW i win all the hft comps with it.... people drool over it.

it aint pellet fussy ....

all in all i think i have a very nice sporting air rifle who only some of us can cock .. it dont do my ziess scope that i hace gaffer taped to its wonderfull grooves justice.

all the best. OLD BRASS"
    Tazz

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Relum Taurus

I suppose we are all different. The "thrown in an acid bath" Taurus 527 that I got off her seems a nice little gun ----Its mad me want to see and get an earlier Relum break barrel---I found it a nice accurate little plinker,easier to cock than the Tornado and fun to use. The rearsight is crap to adjust and the stock is too short for me. I preferred the older type trigger set up as well.
    Sorry to sort of hijack this again. WHen I was a kid I think a lad I knew bought the Arrow? Chinese break barrel that is probably similar to the B2.
    Worst pistol Ive tried would have to be the Panther RO71 or 72 (the little cast break barrel)---Got it at 10am,stripped it to look at and decided to find a new home for it by 10.10am.

PS--I took the front bracket off a B2 cylinder to weld to the Diana 25/55 lash up and left a leather washer in the cylinder a few weeks ago to take shape. It will get used on the Diana 27.
    Last edited by ggggr; 11-10-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: PS

relum

surely not the b2 its got to be the relum the b2 got only got one spring relum got 2 double the crapness also is it true that burno rifled the barrels for relum

white ferret

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    For me it has to be the Relum Tornado. I had a friend back in the late '80's who had one (I had a second hand LG 527 .22). He once told me that he had 'improved it' by adding a .177 spring to his .22. The next time I saw it he had repaired the broken stock wrist with meccano struts and bolts.

The things I learnt from shooting this rifle was that each pellet manufacturing company owns one in .177 and .22 for the purpose using the loading tap to crunch a few pellets to put in each tin of pellets produced (now you know it's not couriers roughly handling parcels containing tins of pellets). Also a loud bang on firing and a ligament tearing trigger pull do not indicate high power (I used to wonder how my softer shooting LG 527 could penetrate just as well as the beastly Tornado).

The B2 certainly isn't a great piece of airgun engineering but, like the GAT pistol, it is responsible for a lot of people getting into shooting. Oh, and selling them helps to pay my wages!
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

I see from the poll that the vote for the Relum Tornado is increasing but, true to form, it wont win anything.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Crap old guns

Strangely despite the hype my Webley Mk3 is running at 11ftlbs... so perhaps there not that underpowered and I can even hit things with it. (ok as long as they are close)

The Hawk suffered from that great British tradition of allowing accountants to run engineering firms and not engineers. Common to both car, motorcycle, aircraft and airgun firms alike. The Hawk might be crap but at least it's British crap!

At least cheapo airguns like the Hawk got many of us into this sport as kids instead of just getting a scalectrix or train set.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post

At least cheapo airguns like the Hawk got many of us into this sport as kids instead of just getting a scalectrix.
    ... My Mum & Dad must've spoilt me rotten then, coz I had both, and a Raleigh Chopper ...

hawk

I got hold of one of the last hawks to be made £29.95 I asked wilf to chronograph it i heard the word OOOOPS so I look around the corner he took the safety off and it went off into a rack of shotguns and i had a chopper too i went down a hill put the brakes on and I went throw the handle bars but worst of all i brought a rover, i will never learn

ferret