Thread: FWB Sport in my local paper tonight...l

FWB Sport in my local paper tonight...l

I spotted a .22 cal FWB Sport advertised with scope silencer and bag for £140 in my local Shropshire Star paper
    I went to see it and it was a mk1 serial no.14083 with period silencer and adapter and a 3-9x50 in a 1 piece mount
    I've always wanted a FWB as a kid but the closest I got was a Webley Vulcan back in the 80's
    The seller let me have it for £110 as he'd had it for years
    It needs stripping and rebluing as most original finish has gone, the woodwork in in good condition
    What I really need is a strip down guide as I need to strip it to get it refinished and also the safety does not work and needs sorting
    Any advise gratefully recieved
    Regards
    Carl

Nice find!

THIS may be of help.
    I guess that the little block on the top of the trigger is missing causing your safety catch problem.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

the safety never worked on these,i bought one new in the 80's sent it back twice because the saefty did not work properly gave up in the end still got the gun shoots great shame they stopped making them.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

i got my new spring and piston seal from john knibbs,the safety catch is a bit tricky to get right on reassembly,i had to get a mate to help,the biggest problem for me was pushing the main spring back into the action as the spring is long and under so much tension;we had to clamp her into a big vice with loads of packing then using a large sash clamp with a block of wood protecting the breech end and the same the other slowly winding her in [there are two guys on here with proper diags and made proper jigs to do this]probably havent read this thread yet ,they know what they are doing if mem serves i thing one is malyally or similer.but above all get as good a spring as poss , titan [swedish] and are about as good as they come mine is great and gave so close to the legal limit it made me sweat.there are other bits and pieces to customise trigger being another,check barrel true mine was down flipped and was easily fixed if you have a flat surface [surface plate]to roll barrel on to see which way she is curved then holding in a vice[protected] with breech width ways in jaws and a tube of slightly larger diameter over barrel and gently pulling back curve which useualy starts at breech end.hope this little helps .ps welcome to the club, great choice.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Fwb

Can send you a photocopy of a BULMER DOES A STRIP from airgun world a couple of years ago if any good?

Regards

Mach 1.5

i saw this, almost rang up about it

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537...FWB124+trigger

If you can supply spec for mainspring I may have something suitable

We have a 127 and the safety can be over-ridden by a good pull on the trigger; it is Ok for normal use though!
    The problem seems to be wear on the top rear surface of the (plastic) trigger where it buts up against the safety slide. I concluded that the only solution was a new (metal) trigger. They are available from Maccari but will set you back about £60 plus post.

Cheers, Phil

Fwb

Hi Carl. Forgot to mention that v-mach are doing tuning kits for FWB'S they restored my old 124 with a full tune and and reblue. Well worth the money. Old 124 Now running at 11.6 and grouping under 1/2 inch at 30 yrds could do better but i'm getting old now!!!!

Regards

Mach 1.5