Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford 11th Oct results

Ford 11th Oct results

Results for 11th Oct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to everyone who turned up today - 31 for a Ford League must be some kind of record - marvellous! Good to see a few who had travelled from afar - hope you enjoyed it

Here are the scores and yes I will pull targets if I think I might not win(before anyone else starts...)

For those who didn't know - target 7 was pulled(Tweetie) as it was sticking. When we pulled the course in(a select few - and the same select few who set the course the day before I might add....) we found a pellet wedged in the mechanism. So ner ner.

Anyhoo here are the scores

Richard Chase 59 1
    Steve Light 58 2
    Nick Botting 57 3
    Pat Fitzgerald 56 R 1st Recoiling
    Spencer Fairman 56 J 1st Junior
    Mike Byford 55 6
    Simon Anscombe 55 7
    Rob Appleyard 54 8
    Dave Maun 54 9
    Eddie Phillips 54 10
    Bill Hall 54 11
    Derek Watson 53 R 2nd Recoiling
    Terry Aiken 53 12=
    Mike Lycett 52 14=
    Bob Morris 52 14=
    Barry Blackham 52 14=
    Rob Simpson 52 14=
    Steve North 51 18=
    James Selwood 51 18=
    Rod Soltau 50 20
    John Herbert 49 R 3rd Recoiling
    Paul Hopper 48 22
    David Maun 47 23=
    Maria Fitzgerald 47 23=
    Jon Fairman 47 23=
    Spencer Hayward 45 R 4th Recoiling
    Tina Knight 44 27
    Chris Gent 42 R 5th Recoiling
    Dean Yaxley 42 R 6th Recoiling
    Ruaraidh Chase 41 30
    Ben Anscombe 31 J 2nd Junior

Thanks to Eddie, Steve and Paul for their hard work

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Results for 11th Oct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to everyone who turned up today - 31 for a Ford League must be some kind of record - marvellous! Good to see a few who had travelled from afar - hope you enjoyed it

Here are the scores and yes I will pull targets if I think I might not win(before anyone else starts...)

For those who didn't know - target 7 was pulled(Tweetie) as it was sticking. When we pulled the course in(a select few - and the same select few who set the course the day before I might add....) we found a pellet wedged in the mechanism. So ner ner.

Anyhoo here are the scores

Richard Chase 59 1
    Steve Light 58 2
    Nick Botting 57 3
    Pat Fitzgerald 56 R 1st Recoiling
    Spencer Fairman 56 J 1st Junior
    Mike Byford 55 6
    Simon Anscombe 55 7
    Rob Appleyard 54 8
    Dave Maun 54 9
    Eddie Phillips 54 10
    Bill Hall 54 11
    Derek Watson 53 R 2nd Recoiling
    Terry Aiken 53 12=
    Mike Lycett 52 14=
    Bob Morris 52 14=
    Barry Blackham 52 14=
    Rob Simpson 52 14=
    Steve North 51 18=
    James Selwood 51 18=
    Rod Soltau 50 20
    John Herbert 49 R 3rd Recoiling
    Paul Hopper 48 22
    David Maun 47 23=
    Maria Fitzgerald 47 23=
    Jon Fairman 47 23=
    Spencer Hayward 45 R 4th Recoiling
    Tina Knight 44 27
    Chris Gent 42 R 5th Recoiling
    Dean Yaxley 42 R 6th Recoiling
    Ruaraidh Chase 41 30
    Ben Anscombe 31 J 2nd Junior

Thanks to Eddie, Steve and Paul for their hard work

Richard
    Just to remove some confusion I take it there were no handicaps so Spongey got beat by a Junior and a Boinger.

I would have said not being there of course that a lot of people must have split tweetie.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Just to remove some confusion I take it there were no handicaps so Spongey got beat by a Junior and a Boinger.

I would have said not being there of course that a lot of people must have split tweetie.

Monkey.
    You may be right on that Andy.. I split it twice as the paddle moved back & stayed back but didn't go down, old spongerina told me to aim out of the kill & it did indeed go over 1st time... but then some people were saying they shot it bob on & it went down so who knows..... was out at around 15 yds I think..
    & yes, normal service from Mr Spogebob is resumed..

Cheers Ford, Been away for a lil while from shooting and really enjoyed this!
    |TX200 Club - Brighton HFT|
    Can you afford to guess if she's pregnant or not? Well now you can with the all new service revolver! Just 2 easy steps and your sorted. Point to your head then pull the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    You may be right on that Andy.. I split it twice as the paddle moved back & stayed back but didn't go down, old spongerina told me to aim out of the kill & it did indeed go over 1st time... but then some people were saying they shot it bob on & it went down so who knows..... was out at around 15 yds I think..
    & yes, normal service from Mr Spogebob is resumed..
    That was the point Steve, if the paddle was back and someone shot it, it went over, if the paddle was forward it didn't. I went to target and tried to pull the paddle back manually, there was a definite sticking point. The reason it was pulled was that it was inconsistent, sometimes it would go down and sometimes it wouldn't. We have had trouble with that target before and have even drilled new fulcrum points in the mechanism to try and make it fall over when hit every time - we thought it was sorted but having a pellet jammed in it didn't help. I couldn't see the pellet because it was on top of the pole when I tested it. When we brought the target down however, it was there jammed like a jammed thing

Long and short of it, inconsistent target - pulled.

Richard

I don't doubt it Richard 'King of Sussex' Chase
    If you remember I had a moan about it in the 1st round

Re fixing what linkage has it, the old one which is now the new one again or the bent S shaped wire?

If its the old new one I would swap it for the middle one as there is less chance of something catching/fouling it.

Re target pulled at Buxted round 10 it had the smallest amount of paint in the old new linkage and that was sufficent to cause it to malfunction. this linkage can easily hold led fragments that will cause similar malfunction only to clear if the target recieves a good shake. Personally I prefer the S link but Derek appears to prefer the old new one as the last lot of targets I bought had the old link. Suppose he knows best.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

yep me and pretty much level pegging all the way round in fact we both finished on 56 but later informed that the twitter had been pulled . thanks mr chasey for jolly good show
    H.R.P.C.....and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    I don't doubt it Richard 'King of Sussex' Chase
    If you remember I had a moan about it in the 1st round

I knew that several people were surprised when it was pulled so took the opportunity to put the record straight Best form of defence and all that.

Shame as we know how much everyone loves Tweetie

If I couln't win by pulling targets I'd only have fiddled the scorecards

King of Sussex my 'arris

thanks guys for fun on a sunday
    i knew that there would be a risk zeroing at ford
    just not that much
    Last edited by jon f; 11-10-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    WALTHER DOMINATOR LG300.
    "The Oaks"

Fun sunday

Many thanks ford for a fun day out, and keeping the nasty old wind down a little, also my thanks to tina for a fun and light hearted round. Terry

Yes Simmy sweety, i was fairly beaten by a young whipper snapper (Oakie of course) a Boinger Boffin (Sweet shooting....please go back to pcp!)
    And to my disgust 2 Hawkies!!!...

Fair play though to all including richard, good call on Tweety, you would have beaten me without that little help, so i still despise you!

Great day!...stayed dry, flung some lead, knocked a few over....what more do ya want!

A rootin tootin Shootin
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Yes Simmy sweety, i was fairly beaten by a young whipper snapper (Oakie of course) a Boinger Boffin (Sweet shooting....please go back to pcp!)
    And to my disgust 2 Hawkies!!!...

Fair play though to all including richard, good call on Tweety, you would have beaten me without that little help, so i still despise you!

Great day!...stayed dry, flung some lead, knocked a few over....what more do ya want!

A rootin tootin Shootin
    Maybe you should try aiming rather than flunging, or golf.

Monkey

It's hard to take the competition seriously though simmmy sweety!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

It was faulty I tells ya, faulty!