Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had the police around again!

Had the police around again!

when I fired five pellets at a knockover target in my garden to make sure the MK3 was fine for the weekend! Two women, one next door who has had no end of screaming kids for the last two weeks, and the other who lives adjacent to the bottom of the garden, saying I was frightening the kids!

The young policeman came around, put them straight and came around, asked if I would mind shooting in the evening and wished us luck for the week-end.

At least I had 20 minutes of no screaming kids!
    Last edited by Samantha; 05-08-2004 at 08:02 PM.
    Air Wolf, MCT, RWS 500, Daystate Mk3 Bullpup, Huntsman Mk2 Target Rifle, PH6, Anchutz, 7.62 Kongsberg, 7.92 Yugo Mauser and .22 Mauser.

Young, eh ? I guess your charm is still working well then, Sam.
    Fingers crossed they don't send any WPCs around.

Mick
    Another Old Git.

All's well that ends well.

ATB
    Dribble

cooky Guest
    What are the laws on shooting in your garden ???

might be useful to people

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Originally posted by cooky
    What are the laws on shooting in your garden ???

You can
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

wornspring Guest
    As I live in an end terrace bounded by 3 public roads I cant shoot in my garden as I am within 50 ft of the centre of the road

bobbicus Guest
    Originally posted by wornspring
    As I live in an end terrace bounded by 3 public roads I cant shoot in my garden as I am within 50 ft of the centre of the road
    I thought it was only an offence if you were shooting within 15m of a public highway and causing a nuisance or endangering the public.

Zanx Guest
    Application of a little common sense usually helps. I usually shoot at 1am in my garden because there's no one about to alarm, I live in East London so anyone waving gun shaped things about in full view is going to get frowned up heavily. During the day I might fire off a mag or two but only after everyone's washing is in and there's little chance of anyone suddenly appearing in the garden. Let's face it, what YOU see is a beautifully crafted air rifle that is enhancing your leisure enjoyment, what Joe Public sees is a fully automatic rifle similar to the ones the terrorists are holding in the pictures from Iraq just before they cut someone's head off.

Yes it's ignorance, an ignorance that I doubt will ever be dispelled en masse so in the meantime be subtle and spend some time at your local club where you can blast away till your fingers bleed.

Poblem is that my local club is an hour and a half away! Just wanted to test that all was ok with the gun as it has been apart and drowned at Chester. Usually, do not shoot in the garden very much, Lets face it, I am entitled to shoot thousands of pellets in my garden but I choose not too.

Discovered youngster wondering around in the street with a BB pistol the other day with no ideas about rules and regulations!
    Air Wolf, MCT, RWS 500, Daystate Mk3 Bullpup, Huntsman Mk2 Target Rifle, PH6, Anchutz, 7.62 Kongsberg, 7.92 Yugo Mauser and .22 Mauser.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Originally posted by bobbicus
    I thought it was only an offence if you were shooting within 15m of a public highway and causing a nuisance or endangering the public.
    Likewise....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Zanx Guest
    Originally posted by Samantha
    Poblem is that my local club is an hour and a half away! Just wanted to test that all was ok with the gun as it has been apart and drowned at Chester. Usually, do not shoot in the garden very much, Lets face it, I am entitled to shoot thousands of pellets in my garden but I choose not too.

Discovered youngster wondering around in the street with a BB pistol the other day with no ideas about rules and regulations!
    How about planting some hedges alon the borders of your garden? Or maybe some tall fencing, I think you can go to 6 foot high legally.

Originally posted by Zanx
    How about planting some hedges alon the borders of your garden? Or maybe some tall fencing, I think you can go to 6 foot high legally.
    Already have tall fencing and only one house (from an upstairs window) can acually see us shoot from the kitchen step!

bennyblanco Guest
    bet they only heard you because of the knockdown target, i use a 4x folded carpet in front of a wooden back stop and the only real noise is the ziiippp of the pellet and a light thud.
    no danger of rebounds aswell, although you should be able to shoot at whatever you like

cooky Guest
    thats my problem i have a road running past my back gate about 5 metres away

I live in London and regularly shoot in my back garden. The garden is within 15m of the centre of a road if looked upon from above, but I have 5-foot high brick walls down the sides and an 8-foot high garage at the end. I shoot targets in a steel pellet trap. I don’t think I’m breaking the law as common sense tells me that a pellet isn’t going to go through a brick wall or the garage!

Am I breaking the law?